Other Areas E U R O M E E T - 2013, early discussion...

Sorry for the delay - "real world" intervened and had a slight work panic over the weekend.

Simplest solution for the location poll will be another thread (as we can't add a poll to an existing thread, so far as I know) with six choices, repeated to allow each of first-choice and second-choice.

I'll go and double check I haven't missed any popular recent suggestions and put up the thread shortly. Title will contain "Euromeet 2013", in case anyone needs to search for it, and I'll put a link in this thread too of course.

EDIT: Here is a list of the more-or-less top places. I'll leave it up for comment for an hour or so (not long, sorry) in case I have missed a brilliant suggestion, then do the poll-thread.

Vienna
Prague
Bucharest
Amsterdam
Lisbon
Kiev

Regarding the date, this is quite important as many people are more limited by "when" rather than "where" (within reason). From the middle of April until the middle of May are there weekends which people definitely cannot make?

For me, the weekend of 26-27-28 of April is impossible, but I think a poll for this too would be a better idea.

Stefan

Sorry for the delay - "real world" intervened and had a slight work panic over the weekend.

Simplest solution for the location poll will be another thread (as we can't add a poll to an existing thread, so far as I know) with six choices, repeated to allow each of first-choice and second-choice.

I'll go and double check I haven't missed any popular recent suggestions and put up the thread shortly. Title will contain "Euromeet 2013", in case anyone needs to search for it, and I'll put a link in this thread too of course.

EDIT: Here is a list of the more-or-less top places. I'll leave it up for comment for an hour or so (not long, sorry) in case I have missed a brilliant suggestion, then do the poll-thread.

Vienna
Prague
Bucharest
Amsterdam
Lisbon
Kiev

Regarding the date, this is quite important as many people are more limited by "when" rather than "where" (within reason). From the middle of April until the middle of May are there weekends which people definitely cannot make?

I would love to join, but since I work as a teacher I cannot take holidays whenever I want, so I can't promise to be there.

Hello all,
due my work i'm not even sure if i'll be able to participate this year, so i don't have a preferable weekend over others.
How many people will join??
Cheerio,

LP

The two posts above yours have links to see (and influence) the current state of play. There are far more people concerned about the location than about the weekend, so anyone with any preferences should vote for all their possible weekends on the "Which weekend" poll.

Many people have voted for just one weekend - presumably they can go on that weekend alone (and we will have a maximum of a dozen or so on the trip), or they didn't read the poll instructions! ;)

Back