Eastern Europe

I'll look in the archives Jan and see what I've got. Was only in Turkey once in 1971 while trying to do around the world in eighty days with a PanAm ticket. Didn't have the time an overland trip would have required. Back in the day there was a place in Istanbul that was called the Pudding Shop where travellers/hippies gathered. Unfortunately I didn't get a photo back then, but if you look up "Pudding Shop" on Wikipedia they have an old photo and history of the place, apparent it's still in business. Pudding Shop - Wikipedia
Have you heard of it?

The Pudding Shop sounds interesting, never been there, but I'm always trying hard not to do what other travellers do ;) OTOH the PanAm ticket around the world trip... now thats something!

Pan, great job, with the previous "chicken" one you don't really speak for themself, no captions needed.

50252539606_d8af6b29e0_b.jpg

Poland

FzmvE4O.jpg

another view on simple rural life in Lithuania, fancy frame as a form of appreciation of Nikon F2 and the 100% viewfinder.
I like this photo. When I initially saw it my first reaction was this almost be somewhere in the hills above my home city, Adelaide in South Australia. That area has similar natural vegetation and topography as shown here and I guess similar rural tasks can lead to similar farm views - right down to old wooden sheds, newer steel ones, red tractors, neat rows of crops. Reminds me of childhood in Oz. :)

I like this photo. When I initially saw it my first reaction was this almost be somewhere in the hills above my home city, Adelaide in South Australia. That area has similar natural vegetation and topography as shown here and I guess similar rural tasks can lead to similar farm views - right down to old wooden sheds, newer steel ones, red tractors, neat rows of crops. Reminds me of childhood in Oz. :)

thats interesting Peter! Nostalgia is a weapon. ;) But I believe it can be used in more subtle way to avoid cliche, one can make (or pick during editing) pictures that have a feeling of a timeless memory.

I found yet another abandoned PGR (sovkhoz) and this time I made some pinhole images with Zero Image 135 Dual Format on Fomapan 200 (with orange gel filter attached inside). Never used a pinhole camera before so it was quite refreshing.

WC3gzfM.jpg

oTabJSM.jpg

ARdPHXd.jpg

"burn it and demolish it!"

Zero cameras are beautiful pieces of work. For some time I was eyeing a 6x6.

You should put together all your work regarding PGR farms. Once they are knocked down (which will happen sooner rather than later) these pictures will become valuable historical material.

Zero cameras are beautiful pieces of work. For some time I was eyeing a 6x6.

You should put together all your work regarding PGR farms. Once they are knocked down (which will happen sooner rather than later) these pictures will become valuable historical material.
In 10-20 years could be, for now I just try to avoid shooting digital for easier archiving.

Regarding Zero camera, it's lovely and I have a soft spot for nice woodwork but still can't believe I actually paid 150euro for a used one.

Back