Ever bought a NEW Leica body or lens.

• yes in the last 10 years

Votes: 302 45.6%
  • yes more than 10 years ago

Votes: 75 11.3%
  • No

Votes: 285 43.1%

• Total voters
Just yesterday, received a new 21mm f3.4 Super Elmar from B&H, to go with the M262 I purchased new in February, 2016. The other two lenses I'm using right now, 35mm f2 ASPH and 75mm f2 APO, purchased used, but almost in like new condition.

Down the road I'm hoping at some point to be able to upgrade the 35 Summicron with the 35mm f1.4 FLE, if I don't wind up getting the Zeiss 35/1.4 Distagon first.

Well, I have to admit to a brief GAS attack that brought me a new 24mm Summilux. It's a honey of a lens, and while useful on the full-frame M, will also be a good match for the M8 (which has framelines for 24), where it's effectively a 32mm Summilux!

Does a QM2 count as 'new'? If so, I've had a few. Why pay full tariff when a QM2 gives you exactly the same, with evanescent cosmetic flaws.

Oh gosh YES! I love new cameras ......and new cars.
New... X2, M240, 35cron, 50cron, 21CV
Used .....28elmarit, 90elmarit
Thinking about a Noctilux used, unless Leica has another 15%off sale :) .......and maybe a New Subaru in a few years

I buy used to fill in..... but man o man NEW CAMERAS ARE GREAT!

After 6 happy years use M8(black) and Voigtlander 35/1.4, I decided to upgrade to M10 (silver) and Summicron 35/2 ASPH.

I hope this new gear will keep me more happy...

Note:
My workhorse M4-P always make me smile..long live analog M :)

~ron~

Last edited:
I've had no problems buying either new or used Leica bodies (excepting digital, which I've always purchased new) and lenses.

Purchased new over the years:
MP
MP Hammertone
M8
M8-2
M9
M-P 240
M10-P Safari
28mm Summicron
35mm LHSA Asph Summicron
50mm LHSA Asph Summilux
75mm Summicron
90mm Elmarit-M
And about a dozen other Leica lenses

After 6 happy years use M8(black) and Voigtlander 35/1.4, I decided to upgrade to M10 (silver) and Summicron 35/2 ASPH.

I hope this new gear will keep me more happy...

Note:
My workhorse M4-P always make me smile..long live analog M :)

~ron~

Nice man! I had the same combo but upgraded to the M240 a couple years after its release (Along with a 35mm Summicron) and will likely upgrade to the M10 in a couple more years. Im still loving the M240 :)

M-D 262.
To celebrate retirement; to celebrate sensible retirement investment returns; to experience something as pure as shooting Acros or TMax or Ektar in my M5 (but being able to stick the SD card in the iMac immediately afterward or weeks later, as with film).
(I can bring along the Leica T if I want to chimp.)

Congratulations Robert on the M-D, a most unusual digital camera! I expect you've noticed a few of us here who have one... :)

Yeah a big CONGRATS Robert on the camera and retirement. It is a GREAT camera and it is in very capable hands.

Now lets see some work now that you have some time. .

M-D 262.
To celebrate retirement; to celebrate sensible retirement investment returns; to experience something as pure as shooting Acros or TMax or Ektar in my M5 (but being able to stick the SD card in the iMac immediately afterward or weeks later, as with film).
(I can bring along the Leica T if I want to chimp.)

Congrats! For sure you'll be happy with this camera.
robert

Several times, lenses and bodies. Someone has to, otherwise nobody could buy them used...
Latest now the M10. Finally a digital M that doesn't feel like a brick in an oversized package.

M6 in 2003 with a trio of lenses. That was a great deal for kit.

M8 when they came out, whenever that was. I got some great stuff with it, but it still drove me crazy with those stupid UV/IR filters, because I'd be swapping lenses back and forth with the M6.

M9 replaced the M8. What a relief to get rid of the stupid filters and have full frame!

M240 replaced the M9. At about this time I had been pretty much forced out of shooting film. I felt that the disappearance of Kodak and disappearance of reasonable commercial processing, it was just too ridiculous. So I sold the M6.

These days I shoot only digital, with the M240 sharing space with other brands. I am fortunate to have a Ricoh GXR-M, which is really nice with Leica lenses and has some nice user interface.

I have to say, that here in the 21st century, I get annoyed with manual focusing. My non-Leica equipment can't match the Leica stuff for quality, but I use the Leica stuff less than I would if it had automatic focusing.

TD

My dream is to get a new M-A at some point. Two weeks ago I already played around with one in the Leica store in Munich. But with so many fabulous M4 out there, its hard to justify the 4x higher costs.

Back