Philippines Filipino RF users!!!

ugly bokeh said:
Hi Siroma2ts,

Sounds like fan to shoot for your group. However, I am no pro, okay lang?

Nelson

hei man, :)

di naman kelangan pro. :) kung me projects kami, kelangan lang namin yung gustong magshoot lang ng magshoot. :) astegaz!

Welcome, ari! How many are we now?

siroma2ts, may Oly SP ka pala. How is it? Na-outbid ako diyan sa ebay. Still thinking whether I should hunt for another one.

nickvesq said:
Welcome, ari! How many are we now?

siroma2ts, may Oly SP ka pala. How is it? Na-outbid ako diyan sa ebay. Still thinking whether I should hunt for another one.

hei man, :)

yea. kasalukuyang nasa island photo pa. :) busy week kaya di ko madaanan. il try to post some photos when i get it. sana tomorrow. :)

Hello there.

I have no experience with film-based RF cameras... When I got interested in photography, digital cameras were everywhere already.

However, I would like to try the digital RF ones like the Epson R-D1s and the Leica M8.
I am leaning on the Epson R-D1s.

May I ask how it performs in long exposures like 30 seconds and longer. I am interested in using it for shooting nightscapes.

Currently, I am using Dslr's for my nightscapes...

May I ask where you purchased your R-D1s and M8's?

I think there are members who own both RF's and dSLR's... Based on your experience when shooting in GMA, when do the guards stop you more, when using your RF or dSLR?

Thanks

Rodney

spoon said:
Based on your experience when shooting in GMA, when do the guards stop you more, when using your RF or dSLR?

Thanks

Rodney

Hi spoon, pardon if I add a subquestion: do guards stop you guys when taking photos in a public area? I can understand if they do inside private property and there is a clear prohibition from taking photos but I just don't think they should if you're in a public area. What's that, a remnant from the martial law era?

rodney,
the soldier in the picture is with the presidential security group. i took the picture with my canonet ql17 g3. he had a warm smile, i thought. but that smile looked like it was plastered with wax for it stayed that way even after i shouted thanks. it was eerie. he was the guard at the front gate of the presidential palace as a huge religious procession passed by and went through malacanang's hallowed perimeter.

Attachments

• 1-26-07bwCANONET021RFF.jpg
    1-26-07bwCANONET021RFF.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 0
spoon said:
Hello there.

I have no experience with film-based RF cameras... When I got interested in photography, digital cameras were everywhere already.

However, I would like to try the digital RF ones like the Epson R-D1s and the Leica M8.
I am leaning on the Epson R-D1s.

May I ask how it performs in long exposures like 30 seconds and longer. I am interested in using it for shooting nightscapes.

Currently, I am using Dslr's for my nightscapes...

May I ask where you purchased your R-D1s and M8's?

I think there are members who own both RF's and dSLR's... Based on your experience when shooting in GMA, when do the guards stop you more, when using your RF or dSLR?

Thanks

Rodney

Rodney

Welcome!

True RF experience should start with a film RF. It is as "pure" as a camera can get. :D Believe, the digital version (I can only speak for the R-D1s) is at best a standby. It still has yet to perform as responsively as my Zorkis. I've missed more than a few shots because the camera suddenly decided to sleep. A mechanical camera with film is always awake- no sensors to rouse up when a decisive moment comes. A film inside a cocked mechanical camera is always ready to respond to the moment.

I do like my R-D1s. It's a wonderful camera, but I have yet to see it deliver the goods in the way my old Zorki or FED does so elegantly.

Like any digital camera, long exposures can be a problematic area. The R-D1s still makes a lot of noise- at least more than what I would want. A 30sec exposure also slows down the camera. It will use 30 secs as well to write the file. Camera would often be unable to shoot when it writes.

The R-D1s was bought in Japan.

When you use a smaller camera, you tend to get less noticed. People also tend not to "take" you seriously and would often go about their business, unmindful of getting photographed. A large black SLR with an equally humongous zoom lens screams "Professional"- and people would react many ways. They would stop, hide, or suddenly pose. They immediately think that the shooter is a pro, who would either publish or sell the photos. The last issue is why some would stop the photographer from shooting outright.

This is the reason why guards in commercial establishments stop photography.
They have been ordered by their employers, who zealously insist on proctecting their interests against possible 'exploitation'.

Jay

wamjam said:
i believe S13 is also a member of this forum. at least that's his 'handle' on pinoyphotography.org. a pinoy RF user residing in japan. paging S13! paramdam ka naman. :)

hi wam!

sorry for taking so long to get here. haven't been on RFF or PiPho for a while.
wow! didn't know there were many pinoy RF users here.
sayang, wasn't able to meet you guys when i went home last november.

anyway, i'm in the UK for the moment but will be back in Japan next month.

cheers!

popitz aka S13 elsewhere :)

Last edited:
popitz said:
hi wam!

sorry for taking so long to get here. haven't been on RFF or PiPho for a while.
wow! didn't know there were many pinoy RF users here.
sayang, wasn't able to meet you guys when i went home last november.

anyway, i'm in the UK for the moment but will be back in Japan next month.

cheers!

Oi Popitz! :D

retrocam said:
Hi Popitz! You're Kyo's classmate, right? He featured your vast collection in another forum...ang dami nun! :)

schoolmate (high school) actually. i was a year ahead of him.

haha!! nakaabot na pala kung saan-saan yung mga camera ko. :D

Hi Popitz & Rain!

Great to find both of you here. Popitz- haven't been in Pipho for months, panay digi slr kasi last time I was there.

Rain, it's about time!!!

hi popitz and rain. welcome!

popitz, was trying to contact you last november. i'm sure you were busy with the family.

see ya guys! saya dito!

Hi, count me in too!
Been with RFF for a while (lurker), and just recently learned about this forum.
Hope to learn more from fellow Pinoy RF users in this forum.
Thanks! :)

NesF said:
Hi, count me in too!
Been with RFF for a while (lurker), and just recently learned about this forum.
Hope to learn more from fellow Pinoy RF users in this forum.
Thanks! :)

Hi Nes! Welcome to the group! :)

Hi! I just signed up a while ago when I saw a link to this forum from toykamerapilipinas.
Hope to learn more and shoot more with you guys. :) Thanks!

Hikari,

I saw your pics on flickr. Wow, nice pictures. What camera and films did you use? The Japanese dish looks yummy.:)

Regards,
Nelson

is someone making a list of members? if not, i will do it. but it would surely save me time if someone else were doing it already.

Back