Philippines Filipino RF users!!!

I'd wait for the M9! It will be a few years away but they will probably have most of the M8's issues sorted out by then.

Mike

Kat said:
Hi, xta, which hi matic is it? Just bring your camera to a lab and they'll have a changing bag to remove the film safely from it and develop it. I have had this happen once or twice with my cameras, they were just fluke incidents and I continued using the same cameras without any future problems.

Course, I could be wrong, I'm no expert, just sharing my experience.

thanks kat! turns out, the rewind thing is working. my fault, it didn't rewind properly.
the camera's working fine. i got my developed first (technically, second) roll of film a few weeks ago.

Hey Zorki

Thanks a whole heap! Yeahh there's this filipino dude that works at B&H..Sonny! he's in the Darkroom department. I was there one time buying chemicals when our pinoy radars kinda detected each other. We talked a bit about film processing and stuff..he's super cool and gave me tons of advice.

toodles!
glowie

Mabuhay! Kumusta ka lahat?

I'm not Filipino, but my fiancee is (she's been trying to teach me Tagalog with some success). I'll be visiting throughout most of June (getting married on the 9th :)), primarily the Cabuyao area and was wondering if anyone knows of any good places to buy second hand photographic gear (assuming you folks haven't bought everything up already! ;))

And I'll be bringing my Fed 4 and Fed 2 with me for lots more pictures and RF goodness! :D

If anyone is interested, back in March, I saw a brand new Ricoh GR-1 for sale in a shop in Alabang town centre mall, I think for around 5k pesos. I'm not sure if it's still there though.

Last edited:
kumusta, welsh_itaiian?
now is the best time to buy second-hand photographic equipment here in the philippines but it means you will be taking advantage of the woes of people who are selling equipment to have their children enrolled in school. such is life. hidalgo in quiapo is still okay if you don't mind the heat, traffic and pollution. or come join us in our egroup -- [email protected]. my friends there are far off knowledgeable than i am and would not mind sharing tips, also. from one, i hear of a dealer who sells good stuff for cheap.
and i have a fed 2 also which i got on ebay. but it is the one without lugs. you should meet one of our members on the egroup who is great on FSUs. he is also a member here -- zorkikat.

Hi! I'm Filipino, living in Manila. I just became a member a few days ago becasue I'm planning to get into RF photography. Where in Manila can one find RF cameras? Hidalgo doesn't seem to have any. Where do you guys buy your equiment? US? HK? Anybody selling a camera? Thanks.

CC

Thanks for the welcome Eddie! I'll take a look at the tokamerapilipinas group now. I have a few toy cameras of my own - Bilora Bella, Agfa Isola, and an old English box camera I resurrected from the dead. Should be fun!

Alan

CC72 said:
Hi! I'm Filipino, living in Manila. I just became a member a few days ago becasue I'm planning to get into RF photography. Where in Manila can one find RF cameras? Hidalgo doesn't seem to have any. Where do you guys buy your equiment? US? HK? Anybody selling a camera? Thanks.

CC

CC,

Welcome. I am sorry I can't help you on where to buy RF, most of us here buy their cameras at ebay. Sometimes RF cameras do pop up in Hidalgo but I have to warn you, most of the cameras there were hacked by "adventurous" camera repairman and overpriced.

Nelson

Welsh_Italian said:
Mabuhay! Kumusta ka lahat?

I'm not Filipino, but my fiancee is (she's been trying to teach me Tagalog with some success). I'll be visiting throughout most of June (getting married on the 9th :)), primarily the Cabuyao area and was wondering if anyone knows of any good places to buy second hand photographic gear (assuming you folks haven't bought everything up already! ;))

And I'll be bringing my Fed 4 and Fed 2 with me for lots more pictures and RF goodness! :D

If anyone is interested, back in March, I saw a brand new Ricoh GR-1 for sale in a shop in Alabang town centre mall, I think for around 5k pesos. I'm not sure if it's still there though.

Welcome to the group Alan. I'm not Filipino either but a rather short fat Scotsman who lives in the Philippines. Hope to see you on Toy Camera Filipinas.

Mike

egroup

egroup

Welsh_Italian said:
Thanks for the welcome Eddie! I'll take a look at the tokamerapilipinas group now. I have a few toy cameras of my own - Bilora Bella, Agfa Isola, and an old English box camera I resurrected from the dead. Should be fun!

Alan

hi alan,
when the rfilipinas was organized the members decided to use the existing egroup of toy camera users in the philippines as its egroup home. we were hoping to recruit more members and convince toy camera users to take on the rangefinders as well. and we are succeeding. perhaps, later on the egroup name will be changed.

ugly bokeh said:
CC,

Welcome. I am sorry I can't help you on where to buy RF, most of us here buy their cameras at ebay. Sometimes RF cameras do pop up in Hidalgo but I have to warn you, most of the cameras there were hacked by "adventurous" camera repairman and overpriced.

Nelson

or join us in rfilipinas ... some of the members unload their rangefinders once in a while. many order through ebay and, if okay with you, we can advice you as to which ebayers have proven reliability and which rangefinders are great to use. we also have other activities. mostly, for charity but, always, for fun. just have yourself invited to [email protected].

I thought di na kayo dumadalaw dito sa RFF...

Anyway, welcome to the new members!

As for the M8 question, it is indeed a fine digital RF but I'd rather wait. Am hoping that used ones will be available or perhaps Leica will introduce a low-end version...wishful thinking. Pero accdg sa LFI magazine sabi ng bagong CEO ng Leica, new M cameras are in their plans. :)

eddie con said:
or join us in rfilipinas ... some of the members unload their rangefinders once in a while. many order through ebay and, if okay with you, we can advice you as to which ebayers have proven reliability and which rangefinders are great to use. we also have other activities. mostly, for charity but, always, for fun. just have yourself invited to [email protected].

Thanks Eddie Con. I would like that. Do I understand it correctly, Rfilipinas shares the yahoo site with toykamerapilipinas?

Thanks again.

CC

pm zorkikat, sinnead. but he has been busy lately; i will relay your question via sms. but as far as i know, the real vintage ones are best repaired outside. many of the local repairmen in quiapo, i was told, are fond of making do with epoxy glue and WD40. not good for expensive vintage cameras.

Back