Film is Dead!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?

Hello guys, i was reading about film I hope it never disappear, that roumor has many years but film still out there.

Here in Mexico is a photo club with many film members, and they were talking about send mails and letters to some company's to show there are many millions of film users, but some were explain company know that, thats why film haven't disappears. Well I just hope never stop production because I will buy a film camera next week hahahaha.

Reading about prices in film and development I think here is very cheap, for example:

Kodak Pro Image 100 5 pack: 6 dls
Kodak 400TX 1roll: 4.4 dls
Kodak 400 TMax 1roll: 5.20 dls
Kodak 3200p 1roll: 7 dls
Fuji Superia 400 1 roll: 2.2 dls
Fuji Velvia 100 1 Roll: 10 dls
Fuji Provia 400 1 Roll: 13 dls
Fuji Sensia 100 1 roll: 9.61 dls

I just use them

And about procession C-41 each roll costs 0.38 cents of dollar, black and white normal 2.30 dls, color film push or pull 5 dls, black and white with pull or push 4.61 dls and chromes 9.23 dls.

I think is cheap but 3 rolls per day, at week, per month oops, It is expensive hahahaha.

Regards

2. Schroedinger's Cat is either all dead or all alive — we just never know which it will be
True about the state of the cat after you open the box. The question is about the state of the cat before you open the box: different interpretations give different answers (or regard the question as meaningless).

...Mike

Digital vs film cameras is not the same as cd vs lp. CD vs LP is more equal to silver print vs ink jet print. It is only the end product of a creative process.

Also film has a best before date, LP not.
Wast LP collections are out there, to listen to them you need a LP player. There are not so many unused film collections....

In everyday use a CD is just a smaller version of the LP, that you do not have to turn to the b side, and it is easier to skip to the next song. Digital cameras give you much more features (instant review, cheaper process cost etc. )

On top of that (I have read this on the net) the process of producing a LP is much less complex than producing some rolls of film.

So I believe that you can not compare LPs with Film, maybe it is better to compare it to typewriters....

I think it's a valid comparison: a minority of enthusiasts are willing to sacrifice technical superiority and modern convenience for various other less defined attributes that they find more pleasing.

I think that film is here to stay! And there is a world of people that agree with me. Many of the Forums, including this one, have alot of film users. There may not be the variety of film we once we once had. But, look at the amount of film cameras still being used throught the world. Look at the amount being sold on E-bay. The original idea of starting this forum was that I subscribe to 5 major photo magazines that talk only about digital. Yes, I own two digital cameras, and yes, I own alot of film cameras. There is room for both, but think at this point that my 5 major phootography magazines need to be re-named DIGITAL ONLY. Film manufactures look at sales sheets, so keep shooting and film will be here for along while. If you are bored, drop a line to your local photo magazine and tell then that you would like to see a few articles devoted to shooting with film. After all alot of them shoot their covers with film! I am also supprised that our head bartender, Stephen Gandy or Tom Abrahamsson have no chimed in on this Forum? I just added a Nikon F5 and and F100 to my film cameras, the price is right.

Last edited:
I think that is a dedicated 35mm film scanner.

RE: PlusTek -- Opticfilm 7300 -- scanner

Yes it is... a 35mm scanner.. Mounted Slide (4x tray) or film strips (6x tray)

7300_intro.jpg

I suppose, if it is not a NIKON scanner, the world is FLAT :p

Last edited:
Our local Kodak one hour now doesn't crank the C41 machine up until after midday to save on running costs ... drop a film off at nine in the morning and it's a minimum four hour wait! :D

That's not so bad. A leading shop in Adelaide processes C41 twice a week and traditional B&W once a week.

------------------------------------------------

As long as we continue to shoot film it won't die although I can see a day were we have to send our film (snail mail) away for processing.
Hopefully by that time digital sensors will be as good as film.

God help us when Lomo get into Audio! :eek:

Well, I'm certainly replying to this late, but what Lomography did was co-opt the artistic principles of past generations, and I'd say they focused specifically on the lo-fi and do-it-yourself aesthetic of 80s alternative and indie recording artists.

Basically what I'm saying is, Audio got into Lomo, not the other way around. ;)

Neutral Milk Hotel — Song Against Sex

Spoken like a true American ... here in Oz it's not so rosey and possibly similarly struggling in other parts of the globe!

Decent black and white film where I live is nine dollars a roll and between ten and fifteen dollars per roll just to get the negatives processed, no scanning ... the last roll of E-6 I had done cost me twenty dollars for processing and they didn't even have to cut the negatives into strips!

Your soap box has termites! :D
Kieth for film www.7dayshop.com tetenal e6 chemicles on ebay uk postage may be the killer but may work out cheaper in bulk. regards Norm

Film is dead? Did someone invent something better? Just had a look and found something a lot of people are using. Apparently, the words "more convenient" keep being mentioned.

Paul

'Multiple exclamation marks,' he went on, shaking his head, 'are a sure sign of a diseased mind.'
-- Terry Pratchett, Eric

Back