FOBA Baby FOBA

Hi Pal-K,

Yes I have a fully equipped darkroom down here also.

See Here:

FOBA COSNO Stativ-Klappstander Modell 1 by Nokton48, on Flickr

And now back to FOBA BABY FOBA!

Another good FOBA snag for me, this time from Germany. Four original COSNO FOBA Stativ-Klappstander Model 1 units. These turn FOBA Combtubes into heavy duty collapsible stands. They will support just about anything and Combitubs are infinitely extendable, and have parts galore to make useful studio things. I'm glad I found these, they are kinds rare I think. First time I have seen these offered.

Homemade Barndoors FOBA Fresnel Spot 60W Appliance Bulb P70 Fine Grid by Nokton48, on Flickr

I bought this FOBA Incandescent Fresnel Spot from a vendor in Germany for 99 Euros, never used brand new. Wasn't sure what I'd do with it, but here it is now. Attached two Manfrotto 375 Clips with Gaffer Tape (for now), the barndoors are black mount board. Been buying P70 Grids from Dodds in Cleveland, this is the P70 FINE Grid, cut down with scroll saw to press fit in front of the fresnel. Relamped the unit, here it has a 60W 120 Clear Appliance Bulb in it for now, I have ordered 250W 120V Clear and Frosted Photo Bulbs on Amazon, which will get me going using this for digital. BTW the Barndoors are completely adjustable (more so than the Modern Flooter $500 ones) and are quite effective in scrimming off excess light away from the centrally illuminated Fresnel spot. I also plan to adjust my three Blue Universal 1600J Fresnel Spots in just this same way. I might use JB Weld to attach the 375 clips for good to the sides of the unit.

Broncolor Balloon Primo Head Primo A 1600J Octobox 150 Manfrotto Scissors by Nokton48, on Flickr

A 1600J Broncolor Primo Head is connected to a Manfrotto Scissors, connected to Ceiling with a FOBA Combitube Mount. Beautiful fill light from the Balloon, as soft as you can get, set at 90 degrees to the set. Octobox 150 Main Light (set one stop brighter) at 45 Degrees. Could do a group of ten, if I was doing that. I bought five of the Manfrotto Scissors, $50 each at World of Used Photography. Turns out they are close to $500 each at B&H. Cheap Cheap. My Universal Heads are in individual boxes (up top Metro Shelving) heads and cables. My big Olde Broncolor Universal Fresnel Spots are in the big boxes near the bottom. Room for loose stuff on top of the boxes. If I invest in a rail system I can slide these lights easily around. This is fine for now. Scissors work great, they are super strong.

Back