Freestyle and Arista announce new line of BW film and paper

And the developing costs for slide film at Rossman are 2,55€ both for negative and slide film.
How about silver BW?
How about 120?
I am trying to decide what film to bring for my coming up Europe trip.
135/120?
C41/E6/silver?

Can I assume that the development costs and print costs are all the same for 135/120 and C41/E6/Silver?

Thanks,

How about silver BW?
How about 120?
I am trying to decide what film to bring for my coming up Europe trip.
135/120?
C41/E6/silver?

Can I assume that the development costs and print costs are all the same for 135/120 and C41/E6/Silver?

Thanks,

Development costs of 135 and 120 films are the same at Rossmann (afaik dm and Müller also have the same film development costs for both formats).
Rossmann is charging only 2,55€ for both E-6 and C-41, 135 and 120.
Prices at dm are ridiculous low 0,95 € for C-41, and ridiculous low 1,85 € for E-6 film development.

I don't know the prices for BW, as I am doing BW development by myself.

Costs for prints do vary more, depending on quality and format.
Cheapest option is Rossmann with their economy line:
1 Cent (!!!) for prints in 9x13 cm format, when the order includes C-41 film processing and prints. That are cheap quality prints (lowest resolution scanning, no corrections in the print process).
The quality prints (higher resolution scannning, corrections in PP) cost 9 Cent with 9x13cm format, and 15 Cents for 10x15 cm prints.
Prints from slides do cost a little bit more in general.

AFAIK dm does not offer prints for 1 Cent, their lowest quality option is in the 8-9 range, if I remember right.

Film supply and lab infrastructure in Germany is excellent (much better than in the US).
Additional to the drugstore chain options, lots of bigger photo shops in the bigger cities are running minilabs, and there are more than 40 professional labs working nationwide, you can send your films to them via mail order.
And there are about 10 specialized online film distributors, where you can order all types of film at very attractive prices.

Cheers, Jan

Thanks for the info. Jan.
This is very helpful. I think I will bring some slides for my trip then.

Would you happen to know the printing cost for slides?

Development costs of 135 and 120 films are the same at Rossmann (afaik dm and Müller also have the same film development costs for both formats).
Rossmann is charging only 2,55€ for both E-6 and C-41, 135 and 120.
Prices at dm are ridiculous low 0,95 € for C-41, and ridiculous low 1,85 € for E-6 film development.

I don't know the prices for BW, as I am doing BW development by myself.

Costs for prints do vary more, depending on quality and format.
Cheapest option is Rossmann with their economy line:
1 Cent (!!!) for prints in 9x13 cm format, when the order includes C-41 film processing and prints. That are cheap quality prints (lowest resolution scanning, no corrections in the print process).
The quality prints (higher resolution scannning, corrections in PP) cost 9 Cent with 9x13cm format, and 15 Cents for 10x15 cm prints.
Prints from slides do cost a little bit more in general.

AFAIK dm does not offer prints for 1 Cent, their lowest quality option is in the 8-9 range, if I remember right.

Film supply and lab infrastructure in Germany is excellent (much better than in the US).
Additional to the drugstore chain options, lots of bigger photo shops in the bigger cities are running minilabs, and there are more than 40 professional labs working nationwide, you can send your films to them via mail order.
And there are about 10 specialized online film distributors, where you can order all types of film at very attractive prices.

Cheers, Jan

Thanks for the info. Jan.
This is very helpful. I think I will bring some slides for my trip then.

Excellent idea!

Would you happen to know the printing cost for slides?

Well, the prices for "Nachbestellung" (second order) on the best paper are
- 25 Cent for 9x13 cm
- 30 Cent for 10x15 cm
- 40 Cent for 13x18 cm.

Maybe the prices are lower if you order prints simultanouesly with the film development (I am not sure).

I wish you a nice trip to Germany,
Cheers, Jan

Back