FSU Photography Contest 2010 Rules

Voting Idea

Voting Idea

We start a new thread and one person picks their fav photo and post the link to it and also include the forum users name that took the picture.

I have looked over the work and I think it is fantastic, I only wish I could have been more on top of this.

My impression was it was to be voting by category; what else is the use of categories then :confused: ?

Stefan.

I'm not sure the idea was to vote by category. One vote would be OK with me. Let's give people time to develop and scan, though. I have two rolls to get through this weekend myself.

My impression was it was to be voting by category; what else is the use of categories then :confused: ?

Stefan.

The categories are thematic. This way everybody has the chance to enter three pictures. It does not mean everybody gets three votes.

Anyway, see Kyle's response above.

The categories are thematic. This way everybody has the chance to enter three pictures. It does not mean everybody gets three votes.

Anyway, see Kyle's response above.

Ok, no problem. That does explain why the pictures are not organized by category, since there's no need to compare them with others in the same category then.

Stefan.

Okay I am going to make this as clear as possible,

Close submissions Monday
Start on Tuesday voting for categories however you have done it in the past, close voting on Thursday, announce winner on Friday.

Sound nice?

So, are we voting now?

So, are we voting now?

That was Kyle's suggestion.

I actually think that some of us might not be finished scanning and uploading yet. Fine with me to wait a little longer.

Yep you can vote now, though i think there are still some to be completed.
There is a two week period after the 31st may for uploads, processing etc.

At least i think this is the case? me, i`m fine with confusion ,hehe
regards
CW

Yep you can vote now, though i think there are still some to be completed.
There is a two week period after the 31st may for uploads, processing etc.

At least i think this is the case? me, i`m fine with confusion ,hehe
regards
CW

That's how I understood it also: two weeks to upload after 31st of May; it's somewhere on the second page of these messages.

Stefan.

Maybe I'm missing something with the voting. If we are only allowed one vote, and the gallery contains images from all three categories, how are the winners chosen? I guess I can figure the answer myself (ag with most votes/mil with most votes/etc...). Not really saying that this method is wrong. I guess it's just not what I expected.

Is it firm now ? There should be a clear decision until when pictures can be uploaded, and when exactly the voting ends. Kyle ? I guess you're the boss :cool: ?

Okay I am going to make this as clear as possible,

Close submissions Monday
Start on Tuesday voting for categories however you have done it in the past, close voting on Thursday, announce winner on Friday.

Sound nice?

It's Sunday evening in NZ and i have just looked at the gallery
48 Images
9 votes

"Okay, Houston, we've had a problem here." John Swigert

Back