Fuji X-Pro 1 vs M9 size

X-Pro1 Dimensions
139.5 (W) x 81.8 (H) x 42.6 (D) mm
5.5 (W) x 3.2 (H) x 1.7 (D) in

M9 Dimensions
139 x 80 x 37 mm (5.5 x 3.1 x 1.5 in)

There were a lot of complaints about needing tiny fingers for the rear buttons/dials on the X100, going smaller wouldn't have done that any favors.

Really? I hate carrying my M9 because its so big. I loved x100 sizing. I was really hoping for same size.

Maybe X-Pro1 should be called Leica M8.3

Well, the M9 isn't so bad with small lenses... but I like the X100 size as well. The 50mm lens for the X-Pro1 is quite large, but I'll deal with it.

Like the X100 size and hope the X-pro is not as big as the M9.(that would be a deal killer for me)

Pretty much the same size

X-Pro1 Dimensions
139.5 x 81.8 42.6 mm (5.5 x 3.2 x 1.7 in)

M9 Dimensions
139 x 80 x 37 mm (5.5 x 3.1 x 1.5 in)

The grip must be what makes it sound substantially thicker than the M9. The XP1 reminds me more and more of the Hexar RF all the time. The size and heft of the camera in the Fujiguys video looks like it hits the sweet spot for me.

The whining about the size of the X-Pro1 is like listening to the 3 bears, It's too big, it's too small, no it's just right. Kinda of funny really. All I know is it is a damn sight smaller than a D700 and that is something to be grateful for.

Bob

The Fuji Guys said that some of the specs on the new camera came from listening to owners of the X100. Imagine that, a company listening to customers.

I Can't wait for the camera!! It seems promising. In the mean time I guess I have to try to sell my x100 since I can't afford both.. Damn.

The grip must be what makes it sound substantially thicker than the M9. The XP1 reminds me more and more of the Hexar RF all the time. The size and heft of the camera in the Fujiguys video looks like it hits the sweet spot for me.

Indeed, it would be interesting having more side by side views of this camera also with the most used modern (film) RFs or mirror less systems, like Contax G1/2, Leica M6/7, Konica Hexar RF, CV Bessa R series, Epson R-D1, Zeiss Ikon ZM etc...

Back