Fuji X-Pro1 due on March 20?

I have one for sale, if anyone is interested. I'm still waiting for the same one but purchased from an agent when they still weren't available on ebay...

PM if interested

Lol. I'm still learning all the feature too. Pressing a wheel certainly is not intuitive.

Have you tried the double exposure setting?

I've been considering it... that should be pretty interesting to play with :)

Cheers,
Dave

This is pretty funny. I just checked Amazon's listing of the Xpro1 to see if they have any news of delivery dates. They don't.
But what's funny is that they don't list the price - noting that they can't publish the price because it is lower than the MSRP. You have to put the camera in your shopping cart to see the price.
But how much lower is it?
Fuji's MSRP: $1,699.95
Amazon's cut-rate deal: $1,699.00
You save 95 cents.

Wow. 95 cents on a $1,700 purchase.

Are you going to jump back in and try to find one?

I am considering that now. Hopefully there are enough inventory.

I sold off my cursed MPs and trying to get rid of 35 fle.

Funny I got a mysterious ups ship notification. It's 3 lb to be delivered by the 5th. I am thinking if it's a preorder I didn't cancel....

There is a report of someone's CC being charged by Adorama today... (god, I feel super geeky writing that).

Well, the postman had a surprise for me this morning! I had ordered the X-Pro from Henry's on Monday and I was pleasantly surprised to see it arrive before the weekend. Very fast shipping from Ontario to Montana.

The battery is charging as I type and a cursory examination of the camera shows that it appears to be well made and thoughtfully designed. The only short term problem that I have is that I need to work on my taxes this weekend!:bang:

Well, the postman had a surprise for me this morning! I had ordered the X-Pro from Henry's on Monday and I was pleasantly surprised to see it arrive before the weekend. Very fast shipping from Ontario to Montana.

The battery is charging as I type and a cursory examination of the camera shows that it appears to be well made and thoughtfully designed. The only short term problem that I have is that I need to work on my taxes this weekend!:bang:

Lucky man. Increasingly feeling like I should have gone that route. Oh well, just a few more days, I assume.

Ya know.. more so than the fact that I'm impressed with Henry's (I haven't really bought from them in years - but that's only because I have contacts at my local independent shop) I'm even more impressed with the fact that Canada Post and USPS seems to have their "act" together in getting these items out to the folks within a week.. I'm pretty impressed...

Cheers,
dave

Well folks, bad news. Another day has rolled around without a shipment in from our Fuji distributor, which more than likely means a delivery beginning of next week. Sorry for the bad news, but wanted you folks to know first hand.

For those of you who bought Canadian version:

Fuji USA will honor Canadian warranty service up to one year. Since Canadian warranty is two years, you can have it serviced after first year via Canada by shipping it in.

Ya know.. more so than the fact that I'm impressed with Henry's (I haven't really bought from them in years - but that's only because I have contacts at my local independent shop) I'm even more impressed with the fact that Canada Post and USPS seems to have their "act" together in getting these items out to the folks within a week.. I'm pretty impressed...

Cheers,
dave

Yeah I was surprised that you could enter the Canada Post tracking number into the USPS site after it arrived in the US, and continue to follow the package in the US.

It left Jamaica (Queens) sorting facility on Wednesday at 5 pm and I got it in Texas at 11am. This partially makes up for the USPS losing my 2010 Easter photos of my baby girl, which taken on Kodachrome and shipped to Dwayne's.

Well folks, bad news. Another day has rolled around without a shipment in from our Fuji distributor, which more than likely means a delivery beginning of next week. Sorry for the bad news, but wanted you folks to know first hand.

Thanks for the update Christian, very much appreciated. It is what it is...on to next week!

In the meantime I rented the ugliest camera in the world, a Pentax K-01, and it is one incredible performer. If the XP1 bests the IQ from this, and I think it will, we're all in for a treat.

mine comes in on friday from adorama, and i have a kipon adapter + a zeiss 25mm zm to test it out with to confirm (or not) whether the x-pro1 does poorly with wide angled alt lenses.

Back