Fujifilm X-Pro1 details leaked!!!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/christianfletcher/sets/72157629139713027/show/

Christian Fletcher -
"just posted some more images from the x-pro1 on my flickr page check it out. All images are straight out of the camera."

Nice to see this set of photos, especially as they are typical of the country I love to visit and photograph in. The colour palette is more subtle and subdued than people in the northern hemisphere are generally familiar with as subject for landscape photography, and folks should take that into account when judging these as samples of the output from the camera.

Can't tell if the XP1 engenders more or less hostility than the OM-D. The XP1 costs more, but the OM-D dares besmirch the name of a camera that hasn't been produced in a decade.

Can't tell if the XP1 engenders more or less hostility than the OM-D. The XP1 costs more, but the OM-D dares besmirch the name of a camera that hasn't been produced in a decade.

Call it the digital equivalent of the OM-2000 and you'll see from the crowd what true hostility is :)

People don't do those unboxing videos because they're OCD. They do it to brag about what they have. It is crass and low-class.

In his autobiography, Ansel Adams related his experience meeting Alfred Stieglitz for the first time. Adams had in hand a letter of introduction from a wealthy woman in San Francisco (where Adams grew up) who was related to someone in Stieglitz's family. The great man threw the letter in the trash and told Adams that "All that woman has is money, and if this depression continues,she won't even have that!" Fortunately, he didn't hold it against Adams. Makes me think of these people who think anyone gives a damn what they just bought. They have money and little else.

"Fortunately, he didn't hold it against Adams."

My understanding was that Adams never forgot that snub. And if Stieglitz held it against Adams it didn't matter since Adams was a prominent photographer in his own right. Today millions of people can identify an Adams photograph but not Stieglitz,' except for the photo-philes or historians.

BTW I don't have a moment for the open your box videos. First time I heard of 'em.

I don't know why people get so excited about the x-pro1. If you take crappy pictures, it doesn't matter what you use. Plus, there are plenty of great cameras out there for less money.

Hmmm, why don't you think about something that gets you excited in life and then think about how you feel during that excitement. Then say to yourself (as you have your epiphany), wow, I get it... people can get excited about something I don't particularly like... :rolleyes:

Hmmm, why don't you think about something that gets you excited in life and then think about how you feel during that excitement. Then say to yourself (as you have your epiphany), wow, I get it... people can get excited about something I don't particularly like... :rolleyes:

Hahahaha :p

Ι like fuji packaging, very safe and solid
helped heaps when I sent my x100 back to Fuji twice in 10 months since I bought it :p

Last edited:
There's a lively discussion on the Pentax Forums on how the X-Pro1 compares with the new Pentax K-01 "Tonka Toy" and the Olympus OM-D (or E-M5?) -- 93 posts and counting since yesterday.

http://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/...tax-k-01-vs-fuji-x-pro-1-vs-olympus-om-d.html

Many of these Pentax fanboys sound like Fuji fans. :D

From the couple pages I looked at, they were discussing Pentax in sorrow more than anger. But they seem to have missed the point that the reason the X100 and other EVF cameras have done well, and the same applies to the XPro and Digital OM, is that they have a bloody viewfinder! So the K-01, for all its new aesthetics, is taking us back in time.

I came (sort of) from Pentax as well, and though I get the utility of it, it's got to go down as one of the more backward moves by a camera co. in the recent history. I identified with the efficiency of their products, and while I get this one (yay it takes most their lenses yay) I think it was a mistake. There's something like desperation in their commitment to differentiate to the degree they have with the K-01. They really didn't do a whole lot with it. Same (yet good) sensor used by others. Compatibility with most of their lenses ever made. No mirror. But really, it's just a reconfigured, run of the mill camera, isn't it? Anything "new" in it? Anything compellingly different in function or usability? It feels more like a "special edition" model than a new one. It's so fugly, it feels like an anachronism, like, in fifteen years we'll all look back and go "oh, yeah I get it! that's so cool!". Only, no. No we won't. Pentax has been Ricohfigured.

Popped into Fujifilm Square in Tokyo today and played with this thing. My God. I mean, hail the high heavens. It's a friggin' gorgeous thing. Nice body, wonderful VF and that 35/1.4 lens were just incredible! But the focus...mmmmm...I dunno...a bit slow, mainly because the captured image just momentarily flashes for just a wee bit of a fraction of a second or so before the camera is ready to fire again. Other than that, it's a bloody beauty of a camera.

How large is the viewfinder compared to a M-mount camera? Bessa class? Ikon class?
I've only toyed briefly with an X100 and was sorely disappointed with the viewfinder, hopefully the VF on the Xp1 is better.

How large is the viewfinder compared to a M-mount camera? Bessa class? Ikon class?
I've only toyed briefly with an X100 and was sorely disappointed with the viewfinder, hopefully the VF on the Xp1 is better.

Really? I'd rate the x100 viewfinder really highly - it's pretty big... Probably not that far off a .72 leica one - I think the it may actually be bigger compared to the .72 35mm frame...

To me the X100 finder was more similar to the Canon G series camera viewfinders. Maybe I have to take another look at it and have my Bessa with me to compare.

i have a bessa r2m and x100. both have huge bright viewfinders. little difference to me. the g-series finder is like looking through a button hole in comparison ...

But the focus...mmmmm...I dunno...a bit slow, mainly because the captured image just momentarily flashes for just a wee bit of a fraction of a second or so before the camera is ready to fire again. Other than that, it's a bloody beauty of a camera.

I noticed that in the the youtube videos as well. I wonder if there is a menu setting to turn auto preview off and will that help focusing?

Back