Fujifilm X-Pro1 details leaked!!!

It's probably not a good idea to make blanket, judgmental statements.

My thoughts exactly.

I love a well packaged product. I've been looking at M8 unboxing videos recently as I'm getting one really soon, it's exciting to see what I'll be getting (even though I could probably guess 95% of it anyway)

I can deal with all the consumer stuff we do ... except those damned unboxing videos!

They're creepy ... made all the more creepy by the fact that thousands will look at them. :p

Billy Leung answered a similar complaint on the Fuji Guys Twitter page this way: "lol. But the funny thing is that unboxing videos get the most views, go figure :)"

emraphoto said: "fuji should hand those cameras over to photographers instead of the 'fuji guys'"

Look up Hugo Poon, Jacek Heliasz, and Christian Fletcher, to name a few. Also "Fuji Guy" Billy Leung. I've seen excellent photos by him displayed in Fuji a show booth.

I'm not a Billy fanboy, but the guy isn't the clown some think he is. :p

http://www.flickr.com/photos/christianfletcher/sets/72157629139713027/show/

Christian Fletcher -
"just posted some more images from the x-pro1 on my flickr page check it out. All images are straight out of the camera."

"people on dpreview need to go easy on the insults, new images to come, we have had more time to shoot with it and the x-pro 1 is a brilliant little camera. Those who comment wanting a little more bang for their bucks should look at buying a Phase One, if that is out of the budget might I suggest the x100 or the x-pro1. I have images hanging in my galleries shot with the x100 sitting along side images from my 5D2 and my Phase and at 20x30inch you almost can't pick them. Now the x-pro1 is better again so I have total confidence that the prints will be amazing. Get out from behind your screens and take some photos, isn't that what it is all about?"

Re: Christian Fletcher images and comments

Re: Christian Fletcher images and comments

http://www.flickr.com/photos/christianfletcher/sets/72157629139713027/show/

Christian Fletcher -
"just posted some more images from the x-pro1 on my flickr page check it out. All images are straight out of the camera."

More fine images. Still more to come, I think.

"people on dpreview need to go easy on the insults, new images to come, we have had more time to shoot with it and the x-pro 1 is a brilliant little camera. Those who comment wanting a little more bang for their bucks should look at buying a Phase One, if that is out of the budget might I suggest the x100 or the x-pro1. I have images hanging in my galleries shot with the x100 sitting along side images from my 5D2 and my Phase and at 20x30inch you almost can't pick them. Now the x-pro1 is better again so I have total confidence that the prints will be amazing. Get out from behind your screens and take some photos, isn't that what it is all about?"
Amen.

I don't know why people get so excited about the x-pro1. If you take crappy pictures, it doesn't matter what you use. Plus, there are plenty of great cameras out there for less money.

Goodness, that's quite a tower you are in.

Please post examples of your photographs with a list of all the equipment you own.

Cheers.

I don't know why people get so excited about the x-pro1. If you take crappy pictures, it doesn't matter what you use. Plus, there are plenty of great cameras out there for less money.

Well what's YOUR angle? :D

I'm curious. I have a NEX7 on preorder and its delay has made me consider the X-Pro1 as an alternative. I want to know about the M-mount adapter, possible aftermarket adapters (OM please! But unlikely), how it will handle manual focusing, etc, as well as a better idea of what to expect from the viewfinder, how the viewfinder will handle non-Fuji lenses, etc before I make any sort of decision.

My point was just that there is a heck of a lot of hostility given no one knows much about the camera.

I'm curious. I have a NEX7 on preorder and its delay has made me consider the X-Pro1 as an alternative. I want to know about the M-mount adapter, possible aftermarket adapters (OM please! But unlikely), how it will handle manual focusing, etc, as well as a better idea of what to expect from the viewfinder, how the viewfinder will handle non-Fuji lenses, etc before I make any sort of decision.

My point was just that there is a heck of a lot of hostility given no one knows much about the camera.

I think it's precisely BECAUSE no one knows much that people get hostile, after all there's nothing else left to discuss except each other.

Back