Fujifilm X-Pro1 details leaked!!!

Those photographs are very nice, which speaks to the photographer and the X-1 pro not getting in his way. I've kept what I feel is a healthy skepticism about this camera, but this hard evidence of image quality is quite intriguing.

The ISO6400 is nice, though if you pixel peep you do see the noise reduction smearing some of the detail away. Not objectionable but it's there. I usually set NR to low or off and then use LR3's chroma reduction...which leaves the luminance "grain". Not saying it's a bad 6400. I bet the RAW would yield an even cleaner file.

Aussie Photographers Christian Fletcher and Michael Coyne have the x-pro1 and are posting about it, including full sized samples.

http://www.christianfletcher.com.au/2012/01/first-images-from-the-fujifilm-x-pro1/

Landscape shots are all ISO400, might want to sit down for the very last sheep shearing photo - iso6400. Looks amazing.

Thanks. The landscape shots are lovely.

There is flare and CA in the other two at high ISOs, but I really like the way the photos look. Darn sharp, though.

Keep in mind that this guy is an Australian ... can you trust these people?

Their toilets flush the reverse direction and they live upside down!

Amazon doesn't list preorders by accident, its all part of the hype machine. I bet actual price comes in a bit lower....

No kit prices for the body and 35?

Expensive camera, that's a fact.

The pentax K5, when announced in 2010, was $1600us body only. With the terrible kit lens (18-55) it was about $1750. No one complained about price back then.

The x-pro1 has a complex optical VF not available in any other camera in existence, a special sensor array not available in any other camera on earth, 3 small AF prime lenses on launch, an overall form factor not available with any other camera out at the moment.

I can't see how you could think it's expensive personally. It's IQ is on par with the 5d and d700, which were both $3000 body only when announced, and which are still $2200-ish body only at the moment. It's cheaper, much more specialized and packs a similar IQ.

No one complained about price back then.

That's not a fact. I was deciding at that time between the K-5 and the D7000, which after all share the same sensor, and I found the K-5 expensive in comparison, especially for a camera that back/front focused under different lighting temperatures (a problem it shared with the K-7). It had a lot of positive attributes (like weatherproofing, small size, stabilization) that the D7000 didn't, but the D7000 was a lot cheaper with faster, more accurate AF. Plenty of people found the K-5 expensive, and at the very least nobody was talking about it as a bargain. (The bargain actually was the Sony A580, with again the same chip).

Expensive/inexpensive I suppose is relative, but the X-1 Pro is in the second-to-top tier of new digital cameras in terms of pricing.

Plus, I'd say there have been so few image samples out from the X-1 that talking about it besting this or that camera in the IQ department is premature. The samples look nice. I had a D700 and my impression was that the ISO6400 was a bit less smeary on it, but that was some time ago. Certainly my Nex 5n puts out a comparable ISO6400 file, maybe it's a similar base sensor?

It's an intriguing camera and I like the idea of the VF...the X100 was cool to look through. I'm just not going to wet my pants about it until there's good justification for it.

i was really excited about the X-Pro 1 (as well as the OM-D), but after much consideration of what i really want out of my next digital camera i think that ultimately the X-Pro 1 would be a let down for me. what i really would like to have is a digital medium format camera, but that won't happen until pigs fly and hell freezes over! to me the next best thing would be a "full frame" DSLR, so i'm now seriously thinking that i will get a 5D Mark II/III or D700/D800. oh how happy i would be to have a digital body for my OM zuikos that won't mess with their FOV & DOF. :D

anyway, yeah. in terms of portability + function, which is what i was considering the X-Pro 1 for, the X-Pro 1 seems like it will be awesome. however, i think i'll focus on function and leave portability + function to my E-P2 for now.

always on me digicam: Ricoh GRD IV
portable digicam: Olympus E-P2
serious digicam: 5D Mark II/III or D700/D800?

and hey! a 5D Mark II only weighs about half of what my Hasselblad setup weighs, so i think i can handle it. :D maybe i'll even get a 5D Classic and use the saved $ on a nice AF prime..... *wanders off to think more*

i was really excited about the X-Pro 1 (as well as the OM-D), but after much consideration of what i really want out of my next digital camera i think that ultimately the X-Pro 1 would be a let down for me. what i really would like to have is a digital medium format camera, but that won't happen until pigs fly and hell freezes over! to me the next best thing would be a "full frame" DSLR, so i'm now seriously thinking that i will get a 5D Mark II/III or D700/D800. oh how happy i would be to have a digital body for my OM zuikos that won't mess with their FOV & DOF. :D

anyway, yeah. in terms of portability + function, which is what i was considering the X-Pro 1 for, the X-Pro 1 seems like it will be awesome. however, i think i'll focus on function and leave portability + function to my E-P2 for now.

and hey! a 5D Mark II only weighs about half of what my Hasselblad setup weighs, so i think i can handle it. :D maybe i'll even get a 5D Classic and use the saved $ on a nice AF prime..... *wanders off to think more*

Definitely if you prioritize format size (sensor size), the 5d is a better choice for you. It's also the reason I maintain my 5dI has better IQ than my x100.

I have a 5D mkII, which I have had about a month. I'm very, very impressed with it. Medium format cameras with a very fine grain film like Tmax 100 are capable of greater detail, but looking at shots with slide films (Provia 100 and E100G) in 645 format, the 5DII is fully equal in image quality. Wish it had the gorgeous color rendering of the old Kodak 14n that i used to have..no digital camera I have ever used matched it for color. The 5DII is not bad in that area though, its good.

The pentax K5, when announced in 2010, was $1600us body only. With the terrible kit lens (18-55) it was about $1750. No one complained about price back then.

DP review, Pentax K5: "Speaking of price point though, the K-5 is a very expensive camera right now, and although we consider that it is good value from a Pentax-users perspective, there is no doubt that such a high asking price (currently around $300 higher than the Nikon D7000, which has a similar sensor and boasts a significantly more versatile AF system) will put some people off. It should be noted though that the prices of the K20D and K-7 also started high but soon dropped - the K-5 will almost certainly come down in price in the coming months."

Back