Hanoi viewed through Leica M

Out to Lunch, on Flickr. Big city redevelopment is not for the fainthearted. On the corner of Le Loi Boulevard and Pasteur Street. Previously the location of a cinema, now
of a hotel with a very nice ground floor open-air terrace. Nikon FM3A - Nikkor 2.8/28 Ais - Fujicolor 100 ISO.

oh; looking to their clothing, i would say that they are from "Thai" ethnic people, from the Northern midland and mountainous.
beautiful girls.

I don’t remember exactly where it was taken except it was in a cultural park near Hanoi.

Out to Lunch, on Flickr. Thu Thiem Parish dates back to 1859 and includes some of the oldest French colonial buildings in the city. In December 2019, the Peoples Committee
of Ho Chi Minh City decided to preserve it within the Thu Thiem New Urban Zone. In the background, the towers of Empire City which is midway completion.

On a beside, I know Thu Duc a little bit: many years ago, I used to ride there on my Honda to eat bánh xèo. Close to the parish is a Buddhist temple. To the best of my knowledge, the parish and the pagoda are the only two 'old' surviving structures in Thu Thiem. I'll try to take some pictures of it. In the past, I got close but was deterred by a few ankle-biting dogs. Cheers, OtL

Goodness How HCMC has changed. When I first set foot in District One some 20 plus years ago sitting on the balcony of the Hotel Caravelle drinking beer overlooking the giant portrait of Ho Chi Minh to the left and Hotel Continental to the right I felt like I was in a Graham Greene novel. Now the area is one giant outdoor luxury boutique.

The Caravelle was redone a long time ago and the Continental and Rex remain - Graham Greene's old room is nicely preserved, while the Eden Building was redone in a similar style. Overall, Dong Khoi Street has retained its 'old world' charm while Le Loi Blvd is being developed into a typical business area. The good news: Nguyen Hue Blvd. is now a very popular pedestrian, only street and Dong Khoi Street will be transformed into a pedestrian street in the near future. I'll go up to the Caravelle rooftop bar to take some pictures. Chees, OtL

Wonderful memories. I liked to take the bus to District 5 and was always impressed when seniors and women with children boarded all the young people in the front to the back would stand up to offer their seats simultaneously. Vietnam is doing something right.

The Caravelle was redone a long time ago and the Continental and Rex remain - Graham Greene's old room is nicely preserved, while the Eden Building was redone in a similar style. Overall, Dong Khoi Street has retained its 'old world' charm while Le Loi Blvd is being developed into a typical business area. The good news: Nguyen Hue Blvd. is now a very popular pedestrian, only street and Dong Khoi Street will be transformed into a pedestrian street in the near future. I'll go up to the Caravelle rooftop bar to take some pictures. Chees, OtL

This "Đồng Khởi" street is also my favorit place to hanging around, great atmosphere.
Quote from website for whom doesn't know

Home to many French colonial buildings, Dong Khoi Street has witnessed many changes in Ho Chi Minh City. During the French occupation, it was the centre of glamour and was called Rue Catinat. It became Tu Do or Freedom Street during the Vietnam War. When the Communists took over Saigon in the late 1970s, the name changed again to Dong Khoi, which means Total Revolution.

I always enjoy the market pictures. Full of life and dynamic. When you imported your Arista film, how much import duties and taxes did you have to pay?

Back