Hasselblad SWC is cool

... However I do often dream of returning to the darkroom and printing perfect frames from the SWC complete with double V rebate

Like this? :)

4567024950_a898c818e1_o.jpg

Like this? :)

4567024950_a898c818e1_o.jpg

Exactly - there is a special aesthetic, something like but beyond the contact sheet, to printing more than the whole frame.

If I ever get to repeat my Darwin/Kakadu/Kimberly/Broome tour, I'm taking the SWC - I promise ( the red dust would envelope the M9 sensor as well, so film wins ).

Jan, I clicked your Honest Eds image, but it says the page is private.
Just wanted to let you know that I'd click it as my favorite. :D

Isn't this the camera that Lee Friedlander has used in recent years - I seem to recall that all of the pictures in his recent "Road Trip" exhibit were done with this camera.

The small size of the SWC was nice on a trip to Japan. I could fit it and a Plaubel in a small bag.

Some snapshots:
Conservative on soapbox
6957933691_49b2f3711a_z.jpg

Some troublemakers
6811887244_60ddc51f78_z.jpg

Bullet train
6817380972_8a5278147f_z.jpg

Kodoji
8006801093_3b030d224b_z.jpg

I find the SWC has the advantage of setting it on a flat surface for long exposures where tripods are not allowed.

Istanbul's Cistern, if you've ever been there you have an idea of how dark it is.

U5622I1305295210.SEQ.0.jpg

It is also good for those times when you want to experiment with double exposures.

U5622I1321893820.SEQ.0.jpg

Or with a mini tripod resting on a rental bike seat.

U5622I1309269875.SEQ.0.jpg

All with my 903 SWC, by the way the finder is very accurate.

I have enjoyed using my SWC for the first time this weekend. I love the small size of the camera, and I find it very natural for me to use it. I don't know how the first two rolls will come out, but I am feeling very good about this camera.

I used the 220 back for 24 exposures and the 120 back for 12 exposures today. I did not bother with a neck strap and I did not use the ground glass back either.

I know that RFF has several SWC users. How do you feel about using your SWC cameras?

One of my favorite film cameras. I miss mine. Perhaps next year I'll see into obtaining another.

G

I find the SWC has the advantage of setting it on a flat surface for long exposures where tripods are not allowed.

Istanbul's Cistern, if you've ever been there you have an idea of how dark it is.

It is also good for those times when you want to experiment with double exposures.

Or with a mini tripod resting on a rental bike seat.

All with my 903 SWC, by the way the finder is very accurate.

I am planning to use it with a table tripod when I travel.

It's my favorite. I was wondering if you would accept its demands. Its simple to work, once you play with it for awhile. I love it for people shots more than anything. Get close.

Charlie

I had an old huge 40mm on my 503cw and sold it when I got my SWC/M. It is the coolest little camera. I love just holding it...I know that is weird.

I love mine and have been shooting complete weddings with it... Please let's keep how fantastic they are quiet, I still need to buy a few more and prices have been climbing :)

Anyone interested in some of my stuff, please visit my blog.

Cheers,

Mega Dittos! Use it well. Enjoy!
You are taking it to Italy. That is not a question.

Wayne

Hi Wayne,
Oh yes. This is why I bought the SWC this time. I can see myself walking around small villages in Tuscany, carrying this camera.

It's my favorite. I was wondering if you would accept its demands. Its simple to work, once you play with it for awhile. I love it for people shots more than anything. Get close.

Charlie

Hi Charlie,
I know this now. You have to get close. Else, you get a wonderful, sweeping image, but it is not very interesting each time.

Back