high end x-pro1?

I can see them releasing the Xpro in 'classic chrome' in limited quantities at a possible $500 premium! :D

That's more likely than full frame which I see no reason for them to bother with. They have a line of lenses dedicated to the current sensor size and to make a full frame body in M mount would be counter productive to their own lens sales IMO!

there won't be 135 size sensor cameras except the odd high end model for legacy systems like Nikon, Canon, Sony and maybe some day Pentax.

Highly doubtful rumor. Fuji's lenses are all APS-C. You can't just throw a full frame sensor in there.

I could accept a dedicated M mount full frame camera. It seems if any other camera company is up for it it would be fuji. The digital Ikon/digital bessa everyone has been hoping for.

An X-Pro1 for those who like the looks of a rangefinder with compact body and autofocus as well as zoom lenses, and then something like an X-ProM. A real honest to goodness digital rangefinder with an M mount.

Fuji has already said they are planning on another x100 with a 50mm equivalent. I can see them offering two versions of the X-Pro. And they wouldn't exactly be competing against themselves. They'd be two different cameras for two different users. And a full frame X-Pro with an M mount would likely be in a much higher price bracket than the X-Pro1. Canon and Nikon both did this. The 1Ds mk3 and 5dmk2 were essentially the same camera at different price and feature points. Same for the D90 and D300, the D700 and D3. An X-ProM could happen.

They always said they would release another x pro body after the xp1. Btw did they not have an interesting patent which had something to do with electronic focusing of an rf lens. If I remember correctly, there was a discussion about it needed a dedicated body to house the mechanism on the rumor mill forums.

Nikon originally used their normal film af lenses on their initially dslr's such as the d1 and d100. Today on their full frame cameras, their "dx" lenses show up as cropped in the viewfinder. Personally not convinced that Fuji would do a full frame body so soon...I thought they were going to come out with a cheaper body next. But only time will tell.

In any case when is next big photo show? Could happen then.

Gary

Last edited:
Just finished reading the info from Fuji rumors. So both a low end and new high end are going to be announced in September.

Can't wait for September to roll around:)

Gary

Is something suffering in this rapid turnover and the rush to put out new models?

This rat-tat-tat proliferation of new models is kind of like airline deregulation. Lots of choices at good prices yet (in the photo realm) often brought to you at the expense of quality and/or a fully thought out product.

Which recent cameras have had a true lack of quality?

I suppose quality control would have been a more accurate way to phrase this. As much as I love Leica cameras the sensor problems experienced with the M8-M9 series is a good case in point there are many others. As far as fully thought out goes the fact that many digital cameras need to go thru a rapid succession of firmware upgrades shows (to me at least) that the economic pressure to release new products is responsible for the marketing of cameras before all the bugs are fleshed out. It is one of the prices we pay for living in a rapidly changing world...one where change is often sought after for it's own sake.

People really expect Fuji to release a full frame camera with more new lenses before they even have finished fulfilling the lens roadmap for the X-Pro1?

I smell a X200 in September. Faster and improved AF performance would finally push me to get rid of my Leica. I loved the X100 but the focus speed finally got to me

Back