high end x-pro1?

M-mount lenses with 24x36 mm sensor

o No need to spend resources on lens development
o Tap into niche market share that wants to use M lenses, but can't/won't but M9
o In-camera firmware exists to correct lens artifacts
o easy to adopt coupled, optical rangefinder technology from Fuji GF670 film camera

Howvever

o thicker body and/or new micro lens design required
o focusing becomes more difficult so AF redesign is required
o larger sesnor means more power consumption
o retaliation from Leica "secret police" (have a sense of humor folks)
o Fuji price point increased even higher and no profits from lens sales
o camera will weigh more

My only problem with this idea is the VF. Unless they put in a true RF, I don't think people will pay what they're asking (if it's north of the xp1) given the target market of m lens users. And I have a hard time seeing them not using the hybrid vf which isn't great for manual focus on the evf side.

The latest rumours is for an X-Pro2 with a new sensor, possibly a full framed sensor. Now, I'd be interested in a full frame sensor in an X-Pro2 but I'd be. Little p****d off if it did appear. I've just bought the 60mm lens to add to the other two lenses, a full framed sensor would mean a new range of lenses as the current ones wouldn't be usable.
I can see an upgraded X-Pro1 with an upgraded sensor in APS-C as it would be following the same progress Sony etc make each year.
The only possible solution for me would be a new design camera with a full frame sensor and maybe a zoom lens, but I'd rather have the lenses changeable adding flexibility.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Howvever

o thicker body and/or new micro lens design required
o focusing becomes more difficult so AF redesign is required
o larger sesnor means more power consumption
o retaliation from Leica "secret police" (have a sense of humor folks)
o Fuji price point increased even higher and no profits from lens sales
o camera will weigh more

o Market niche for people for whom the X-Pro1 and NEX and m4/3 are not good enough, but who aren't ready to buy a Leica is really small
o Significant investment into developing existing X-mount lens line suddenly becomes useless
o Existing X-Pro1 camera buyers feel abandoned and angry

In other words, it's not going to happen.

This kind of rumour is purely wishful thinking. It emerges because there are a few people (I guess something like 50-100 worldwide at the most) who are very vocal about voicing their wishful thinking on a few selected internet forums.

They've shocked us before, so I am not even going to think about what miiiiiight happen.

Even a regular X-pro 2 with dramatically better AF and a newer sensor would go down very well, so I don't think there will be any losers here.

As far as I can see, there's no actual posted rumor from any of the rumor sites about a full frame x-pro. It's just users on forums repeating it over and over.

As far as I can see, there's no actual posted rumor from any of the rumor sites about a full frame x-pro. It's just users on forums repeating it over and over.

Most likely by those who don't even want to use Fuji's lenses.

New sensor? Why?

Because that what happens, each year a new and better version of the sensor is brought out. The Sony nex-5n replacement has a new sensor which is reputed to have the two focusing systems improving the speed and accuracy. They've all got to compete with the OM-D's and Panasonic's – speed is the all just now.

Because that what happens, each year a new and better version of the sensor is brought out. The Sony nex-5n replacement has a new sensor which is reputed to have the two focusing systems improving the speed and accuracy. They've all got to compete with the OM-D's and Panasonic's – speed is the all just now.

Yes, I wasn't thinking from that point of view... a progression. I was thinking the post I quoted was referring to the possibility that the sensor wasn't up to par quality wise.

New sensor? Why?

Because all the competitors are bringing out new and faster/ more accurate focusing sensors. Sony is due to introduce the new nex-5n replacement with a hybrid focusing sensor to compete with the OM-D's and Panasonic's do fuji will have to catch up too with an improved sensor.

Wow, high end... I just might need to upgrade from my M3. I'm off the every year new camera kick. I'll be sitting tight with my old 1DMKIII, X100 and NEX-7 until we have FF, mirrorless fast/accurate autofocus (not just faster), or a great way to focus 'M' lenses... also.. if NEX.. an improved EVF. Maybe that is what the M10 will be, but at a price that I can't afford.

Because all the competitors are bringing out new and faster/ more accurate focusing sensors. Sony is due to introduce the new nex-5n replacement with a hybrid focusing sensor to compete with the OM-D's and Panasonic's do fuji will have to catch up too with an improved sensor.

Sorry that post was duplicated.

Back