Hotels and hotel rooms revisited

Out to Lunch

Menteur
Local time
7:27 PM

The 'Friendship Hotel' in Kiev, Ukraine. 2008. It looks a bit spartan but at the time, it was a nice place to stay. During the very cold winter months the heating always worked.
There was a babushka on each floor to hand you towels and toilet paper for the communal bathrooms, and to prevent 'pretty girls' from knocking on your door late at night.

Some years back both my wife and I were working and, for a change in quite well paid jobs, so over a period of 2-3 years we decided to make the most of it and really treat ourselves by lashing out by travelling and staying in really nice hotels / resorts and see how "the other half" - well the other 5% live. Her job involved long hours and she needed a break. I knew I would soon retire and while I would have the time I would no longer have the money to be so extravagant. So its something we have certainly not been able to do before or since. Still the memories are nice. Now where's that lottery ticket so I can go again? One day maybe. One day.................

Bali Ayana Resort Villa 2016

Interior
0ebLu23.jpg

Exterior
yeI8qxM.jpg

Singapore Ritz Carlton 2014
Bedroom
LSa4CHx.jpg

Bathroom - view from the bath
3JJlpQA.jpg

Hong Kong 2013 Shangri-La Kowloon

kO90Yvz.jpg