Hotels and hotel rooms revisited

Studying the menu, Crowne Plaza Hotel, Miami FL
U77I1494477863.SEQ.3.jpg
Leica M-D 262, 28mm Summicron

Hotel selfie, upstairs elevator lobby, Crowne Plaza Hotel, Miami FL
U77I1494477862.SEQ.2.jpg
Leica M-D 262, 28mm Summicron

Hotel Cosmos. Chisinau, Moldova. The Soviets loved to refer to 'space' since it was one of the few areas where they, temporarily, beat the Americans.

All these pictures of Odessa are fascinating to me. I live near a different Odessa (the one in west Texas) and I honestly think the hotels in this thread are better decorated than any of the ones in Odessa TX.

But, there is something to the oil-town vibe, that sort of "everything is temporary, everything is built fast, everything will be left to moulder" mentality.

Lots of great work in this thread so far, very much enjoying it.

Odessa, Ukraine is a very different city than the one in TX. It's an old warm water port city servicing Russia, and, later the Soviet Union. When I stayed there -during the mid-2000s, it had it all: crumbling European 19th Century architecture; decrepit Soviet artifacts, and the marble palaces of the newly rich.

Odessa, Ukraine is a very different city than the one in TX. It's an old warm water port city servicing Russia, and, later the Soviet Union. When I stayed there -during the mid-2000s, it had it all: crumbling European 19th Century architecture; decrepit Soviet artifacts, and the marble palaces of the newly rich.

Odessa TX has not so much in common besides the confusing west Texas version of palaces for the newly rich.

Marina Bay Sands Hotel, Singapore

Can’t say enough nice things about this place. 5 Billion Euros to construct. 10,000 employees. 1 Billion Singapore dollars profit each year.

IMG_1233.jpeg

From Clifford Point:
IMG_1088.jpeg

Longest Rooftop pool in world — 150 meters. 57th Floor:
IMG_1139.jpeg

Last edited:
Back