How many Leica M8's do you currently own?

How many Leica M8's do you currently own?

• Total voters
ZebGoesZeiss said:
This is one of the questions that I've wondered about. Just how many M8's are owned by the RFF crowd? There are supposedly 20,000+ of these out there, but how many of these cameras do RFF "represent"?

my sources say about 12,000 sold

and M8 sales have hit a brick wall in many marketplaces since the price hikes towards the end of last year.

Stephen

CameraQuest said:
my sources say about 12,000 sold

and M8 sales have hit a brick wall in many marketplaces since the price hikes towards the end of last year.

Stephen

Well there ya go.. now, inevitably, someone (who owns an M8) will come out and passionately state one of three things:

1) Do you own an M8 Stephen???? If you don't, your opinion (or information) doesn't count for squat here!! :D

2) Oh.. your information is incorrect, my Leica Dealer told me himself that Leica sales are extremely brisk and he can't keep them in stock because they sell out so fast so I had better get one while the gettin' was good !!

3) Why are we even concerned about numbers or problems or anything - just go out and take photos with the camera and you'll love it !!!

hmmm.. now that I look at that... basically every single "here's what's wrong with the M8" or "M8 problems" or "M8 (insert phrase here)" thread can be refuted by one (or all) of those three statements above :D

Cheers,
Dave

dcsang said:
Well there ya go.. now, inevitably, someone (who owns an M8) will come out and passionately state one of three things:
You forgot #4: "I like pie".

I really really like pie. And, as a matter of fact today is Pi Day!, and Friday, to boot. I mean, TG. :D

Zero for me. I would like a digital rangefinder but too many people I know have had problems with them. Why would I buy a camera that I have to send back two, three or FOUR times to get a working model? I look forward to a bug free M9...

No M8 for me until they have a full frame sensor upgrade. And the sensor better have silver halide in it.

I like pie too, but COOKIES rule.

Can I have my pony now?

Alexander De Vere said:
Au contraire, Sonofdanang, you can have your Pi and enumerate it:

3.1415926535897932384626433832795028841971693993751058209749445923078164062862089986280348253421170679

Regards,

Alex.

... approximately

I'm a bit puzzled at al the alledgedly "funny posts" here. I have two, I use them to make photographs, about 10.000 up to now, they gave me minimal to no trouble and I only had to have one have the standard recall in December 2006 and the other I crashed in October last year so it had to be repaired.- Oh yes - and I am an amateur so I don't have any clients to answer to. What is all the silly hoohah in this thread about?

12000 M8's ... wow that's not not many cameras over the period they've been on sale. It's hard to classify the M8 as a success based on those figures if you're being abjective and how many of the twelve thousand have been resold by people who realised it wasn't what they wanted after all?

kevin m said:
I've always been skeptical of polling data...

Three people here own FOUR M8's? :eek: :confused:

I am one of those, but my poll response is no longer valid since I just purchased another one today (the M8 and 28 cron kit) for a total of 5...

Riccis

Riccis said:
I am one of those, but my poll response is no longer valid since I just purchased another one today (the M8 and 28 cron kit) for a total of 5...

Riccis

According to my calculations that means you now own .041666666% of the total M8 population out there. :eek:

I own an M8 and if I could afford a second one I'd buy it. No problems, no returns, just good images and a lot of fun using it, so if that makes me a Leica M8 fanatic so be it.

spiffy idea: push the up arrow to instantly display the iso menu, down arrow for exposure compensation. if it isn't in the next firmware upgrade, i'll personally go to wetzlar and dance naked outside the gate until they make this ABSOLUTELY CRITICAL improvement.

It's surprising to note that almost 11% of respondents have two or more M8 cameras. With film cameras, a second body is a good way to mix film types or carry a second focal length quickly available.

To those who have more than one M8: Why? The film reason is out; carry both cameras with different lenses, or...?

Back