How many of you are entirely film

All film except the Canon A570is that I gave my wife to use. I used that maybe 2 times last year. I simply do not have any good digital experience stories to tell. Maybe that D800 will do the trick ;)

Nope. I shoot with my iPhone, iPad, D3s, Coolpix, and film cameras. I'd miss a lot of opportunities if I ruled out digital capture.

100% film.......

Although seeing some recent shots taken with the M9, I am slowly changing my mind about digital capture - maybe if Leica release the fabled B+W sensor model ;-)

Id say i'm 100% film except for a bit of fun with the iphone, i have a canon 50d which i have not shot this year and probably not since the first half of last year for school.

I was 100% film until recently. I had been shooting about 20-30 rolls per month for a few years. Then I rented an M9, fell in love, and bought an M9-P. I know digital isn't for everyone, but when it comes to color, this former analog devotee is sold on the M digital bodies. Still not sure about B&W.

I'm 100% film, and find it easy, I'm in London, easy access to labs, gear etc. I think it helps to be very comfortable buying online. If you're still in the habit of wanting buy everything in person, then maybe shooting film would be harder. For me though, it's easier than in the heyday of film. In the early nineties, there was no web, no online shopping or labs. You were at the mercy of shops in the your area, selling an overpriced limited range of stuff. These days, it's easier than ever to shoot film, or indeed participate in most niche hobbies.

Mixed... Film and Digital

Mixed... Film and Digital

Film in Medium and Large format, because it's still way better than digital, hands down.

It's also more rewarding and fun. Primarily because I don't Post Process very much.

In addition, I am pleased by the fact that film camera's and prices are seeing a real resurgence on eBay. I've been buying and selling film camera's (buying anywhere and selling on eBay) for about 8 years now and have been making some serious hobby money for the past 5.

Digital is turning many frustrated people who shot film before back across the great divide. Some of those people dumped their film camera's for very little and are finding out how much it's costing to replace them. Other's kept them and need more of the legacy lenses and accessories.

Good news for me.

And yet I can still get my film processed in excellent labs (Fuji) very reasonable.

I pay anywhere per roll, from 84 cents to $8.00 to get medium format processed and sleeved.

I've been film 100% since 2005 but I have to admit I'm looking at getting a Fuji X1 Pro for color work. I don't foresee I'll ever stop using film for B&W.

The only reason to consider getting a digital camera is because of new job responsibilities that leave me little time for scanning and post-processing color negatives.

Primarily digital, limited film. Can't give up the silver habit yet. I'm ambivalent about digital M bodies, love 'em when they're working, hate 'em when they don't. Film M's are just so perfect, except for that strange capture medium.

Oh and 120 film is really wonderful.

Apart from snaps with an iPhone, I still shoot everything on film and then scan straight from this to digital. Aside from practical reasons such as the cost of getting a full frame digital body, or the archival benefits of still having a neg to go back to, the main reason for this is that I prefer the way I find myself shooting when using film.

Unless and until someone makes a digital as simple and capable
as a classic 35mm film camera I'm sticking with film 100%.

Chris

During my couple of hours off today I went to one of those photography megastores, which was a totally depressing experience. All those hundreds of digital cameras felt alike, recycled scrap plastic with crappy slow kit-lenses. I thought the Fujis would be nice, or the Sony Nex's. Not so much. It's all cheap consumer electronics, ergonomics like game consoles, and I can fully understand people sticking to film. Or the Leica M8/M9, for staying so close to the original experience.

Only film - tried digital but did not like it. No cell phone, no Ipad etc either. Bad enought that one family member is digital - I am the hold-out for silver halides!!!!

I am film only. Don't own a single digital camera (unless you want to count my iPhone). May try digital one day when FF digital comes WAY down in price.

Back