I'm thisclose to replacing all my M gear with an X-Pro2

I'm going to do it. Working on an order for a XP2 with the 23 and 50.

I've decided to keep the M6, Leicavit and 21-35-75 Cron. Most everything else non-Nikon is going on the block to fund the XP2. I'm worried that if I sell off my three favorite M lenses I'd never be able to afford replacing them.

Hopefully it will be here Friday.

I've decided to keep the M6, Leicavit and 21-35-75 Cron. Most everything else non-Nikon is going on the block to fund the XP2. I'm worried that if I sell off my three favorite M lenses I'd never be able to afford replacing them.

Its funny I was thinking about the same thing, Leica lens-wise I only have left 35, 50, and 90 Summicrons and my old 35mm pre asph Summilux. I only really use the 35mm Summicron but like you I worry if I sold the others I would regret it and probably not have the funds to replace!

A word of advice... Its not the gear that's contributing to your "photographic funk" You have to ask this question to yourself, What do I want to do with photography? What is my purpose for taking photographs? You need inspiration...
Ken, this is true in my experience as well.
Pare down the gear as you wish but then use the $$$ to take a photography workshop.
Selecting the right one for you takes a lot of research and a bit of luck but I and many others have found it more than worthwhile...

Always exciting to get something new!

Woot! Brown Santa just left a half hour ago.

After a quick play the battery is on the charger; the camera shipped with quite old firmware so I want to do the update before I start configuring things. That's a project for tonight, so hopefully I can get out in the morning and run the body and both new lenses through their paces.

Fun!

After a quick play the battery is on the charger; the camera shipped with quite old firmware so I want to do the update before I start configuring things. That's a project for tonight, so hopefully I can get out in the morning and run the body and both new lenses through their paces.

Fun!

Congratz! Always nice to have something new and exciting to play with.

Enjoy

Marcelo

P.d.- Don't forget to play with you M6 then and again. They turn into gremlins if you forget about them :)

Fun!

It took me a couple of seconds to work out who "Brown Santa" was! :D

Congrats and enjoy!

I was able to spend about an hour yesterday shooting downtown with the XP2, 23 and 50. I'm enjoying using the XP2 much more than I do the XP1, I need to run them side by side to better compare them but I'm thinking using them both might drive me a little crazy due to the differences. I ordered Rico's book, hopefully it will help me shorten the learning curve a little.

So, my initial impression is very favorable! Time to take pics of the gear that will be sold, I think.

Well, I just found my first niggle with the XP2. IMO, the brightline and data overlay in the OVF isn't bright enough under certain light. I wish there was a way of adjusting the baseline brightness used by the automatic adjustment algorithm. Since this is Fuji, at least there's hope of this being addressed in a future firmware update...

It was immediately apparent that I needed a 21mm-e if this was going to work for me, so I have a used Fuji 14/2.8 on the way. I've also been playing with my 90/4 Elmar-C and Fuji M adapter, I think I'll be keeping that lens after all.

I still need to find the Oly to X adapter I picked up last year and try my few Zuikos just for fun.

i tried a few different adapters and manual lenses but quit that pretty quick...of course i stopped using rangefinders because i was finding it hard to manually focus because of my aging eyes.
i love fuji gear...

It was immediately apparent that I needed a 21mm-e if this was going to work for me, so I have a used Fuji 14/2.8 on the way. I've also been playing with my 90/4 Elmar-C and Fuji M adapter, I think I'll be keeping that lens after all.

I still need to find the Oly to X adapter I picked up last year and try my few Zuikos just for fun.

i had the 14 and the 16 but kept the 16...it's easier for me to use a 16...the 14 is hard to tame.
but the 14 is a great lens, scary sharp!

i tried a few different adapters and manual lenses but quit that pretty quick...of course i stopped using rangefinders because i was finding it hard to manually focus because of my aging eyes.
i love fuji gear...

Neat trick to try with adapted lenses. Use the ERF mode (OVF with little EVF window) and set it to zoomed in view (press rear command dial) and then press and hold to set it to Focus Peaking and in the menu set it to Focus Peaking RED.

Put the camera in monochrome film simulation (shoot RAW if you want color). That will make the little window monochrome EXCEPT for when you are in focus and then you will see the red focus peaking color.

Focus simply by watching for red in the little window in the corner.

Works surprisingly well and is fast once you get use to it.

Shawn

I'm finding the OVF with adapted lenses isn't very satisfying due to no parallax correction - I've been using the 90 in EVF mode. I should play more with OVF and ERF using your instructions.

Well you are obviously a gear head, like many of us. So go for it but keep the receipts as my dear ol' mom used to say.

To be honest, I'm already more comfortable with the XP2 than I've managed to get in a year with my M-P 240. Its odd - the M-P is a totally different experience than my M6. Plus, the Fuji's AF is proving to be luxurious for my aging eyes.

Back