U42168I1357152659.SEQ.0.jpg

Big Red Ball, X-E1, Zuiko 28/3.5, 1/90 @ f8, 200 ISO

U42168I1357152661.SEQ.0.jpg

Charleston Parlor, X-E1, Vivitar 17/3.5 (even though it says "28mm" in EXIF; forgot to reset adaptor I.D.) 1/30 @ f8, 3200 ISO

I'm favorably impressed with the Vivitar 17mm. Not terrible barrel distortion and pretty faithful color rendition.

These are hand-held camera jpgs with some minor curve adjustment and unsharp mask. The film simulation was "Vivid", and -1 for highlight tone, shadow tone, and noise reduction. I'm still getting used to manually focusing with the EVF. The 10x magnification helps, but 5x would be better.

larry, when you're in magnify/focus assist mode, just turn the thumbwheel a little (i forget which direction) and you toggle between 3x and 10x.

Thanks, Adam! Great tip! 3x will be just right, as 10x and my old, shaky hands don't get along. I'm still wading through the manual but everyone has been very gracious with their helpful hints.

This is amazing. Glad there are a few folks venturing to legacy lenses.

I'm excited to receive my X-E1! I didn't have enough flow to grab a fuji lens, but I did have enough to grab a few adapters. Nikon-G, Leica-M, C-mount. I've been using rangefinders for years and the X-E1 just convinced me to go with it. I have a 1957 J-8, 1953 canon 50mm 1.8, 90mm leitz.

Focus--how is everyone holding up with focus? Realize there's no peaking, besides magnification, and hyper focal, what else is there?

Thanks to everyone on the posts. Based on these results I just ordered a Rayqual Nikon F adapter so I can pull out some of my old Nikkors from the back of the cabinet. I'm thinking my favorite old AiS 50/1.8 will make a nice portrait lens, at least until the 56 comes out. Good work, guys!

For street I find manual lenses a boon. Yes the AF of the X-lenses are not that bad, but they still can't beat a preset lens justing waiting to pounce.

Though not the most in your face street action photographer (in Norway that is difficult as you need any and all indentifiable subjects to agree to being publicised on internet or elsewhere - in effect a model release), I like setting up shots like the one above and this one here. An MF lens is certainly no drawback:

Again the Pentacon 30 f3.5

In a hurry by Eirik0304, on Flickr

Back