It's not hoarding if it's cameras or fountain pens.

Uh huh. You ain't foolin' no one! ;)
LOL! Not trying to. I have a lot of cameras, use or have use them all extensively. I'm just not so good at selling off what I'm not using anymore nowadays as I used to be, so they sit on the shelf in the closet.

There's only one camera that I have more than one of the same (the Kodak Retina IIc) ... and that happened mostly because I was trying to buy a cheap, for parts junker to get a decent top cover for the IIIc I have (bad meter, dented top cover ... a IIc top cover tosses the meter out of the picture and fits perfectly, and then you have the slightly nicer 50mm f/2 lens rather than f/2.8...). I put in low-ball bids on four of them ($15-20!!) thinking I might win one for my IIIc project and won all four... but three of those junkers were actually in such good condition I could not bear to tear them apart and had them serviced, which was all they needed.

The other one has the parts I needed and I still have to get the work done on the IIIc. Sheesh, it's been over a year since I was going to do that.... 2023 was such a disaster. :(

G

How are you liking the Pilot 823 so far? I used to own a Mont Blanc 149, but it never really felt comfortable to me: It felt awkward and unbalanced while writing, unless the cap was stuck on the end, but said cap never stayed in place for long.
I haven't had a lot of time to test it, but it is nice so far. It is not quite as smooth as my other Pilot E95S which is a surprise (both have gold M nibs). It feels good in the hand and holds a ton of ink. I also have a MB 149, but I don't really like that size of pen and rarely use them (it was a gift and I much prefer my smaller MB 146).

Back