Let's see your Leica M

Bugged up M

original.jpg

wow Johan :eek: whats your plan with the restore project? de-chrome and black paint?

:D

Nope.

Just a shutter repair only! Oh, and re-align the RF. It's out of whack vertically.

I'm gonna shoot the cr*p out of it even more :cool:

Bought it off a Chinese student who likely picked it up in a thrift store in NL somewhere. He kept hipping from the one foot onto the other when I was inspecting it. Guess he made a nice profit, but it still was a bargain considering that the viewfinder is bright as day.

Guys, I think made the deal of the week. :)
I just bought a M3, M2, two 50mm Summicrons, one 35mm Summicron with goggles, a Leicameter MC (still working) and the cases you see. At a very reasonable price.
All is NOS, never used. Like new, and when I say like new, I mean like NEW! Shown only in the shop to customers long time ago. But never sold....

p104095463jhy.jpg

The cases show some scratches from storage as you can see. The 35mm Summicron needs Service (oily aperture blades). Also the shutter of the M2.
And unfortunately the M3 is missing some little bit of vulcanite. Besides that, it is really like out of the factory. Unfortunately, no original boxes.

No idea, what I should do with these. I am more a user, than a collector......but I definetly wont use these. One single scratch would reduce the value to less than the half, I think.

So happy!
:):):):)

No idea, what I should do with these. I am more a user, than a collector......but I definetly wont use these. One single scratch would reduce the value to less than the half, I think.

So happy!

am happy for you... :)

(in truth, green with envy. why I only read such things in Internet. I can only find crappy Zorki's that are rusted immobile) :bang:

It's interesting to see the differences between the two Summicrons. They have different barrels and the one (older) on the right side is heavier, too.

I just bought a M3, M2, two 50mm Summicrons, one 35mm Summicron with goggles, a Leicameter MC (still working) and the cases you see. At a very reasonable price.
All is NOS, never used. Like new, and when I say like new, I mean like NEW! Shown only in the shop to customers long time ago. But never sold....

So happy!

Quite a find. Congrats. (it's all I can do to not ask the price, however.)

let's say second best deal. ;)
while mine may not be nos, they're still in good condition -- and an mp, m3, m4 and m5 (shown on previous page) with assorted lenses for free are hard to top.

congratulations regardless! your set looks great. :D

Oh, dear! You got that all together and for free? Unbelievable!

OK, you made the deal of the month! :D Me of the week. :D

Congrats! :) I am jealous for the MP. :cool: :rolleyes:

p104095463jhy.jpg

So happy!

congratulations!! These are sweeeet! Traumhaft!

Well, I don't own a Leica (not yet...) and maybe it's heresy, but I could not let a wonderful Leica end as shelf queen... They are meant to use, IMHO. I am definitely a user, not a collector, so :)

Oh, dear! You got that all together and for free? Unbelievable!

OK, you made the deal of the month! :D Me of the week. :D

Congrats! :) I am jealous for the MP. :cool: :rolleyes:
a father who isn't interested in his leica collection anymore does come in handy for such things, haha. :)

congratulations!! These are sweeeet! Traumhaft!

Well, I don't own a Leica (not yet...) and maybe it's heresy, but I could not let a wonderful Leica end as shelf queen... They are meant to use, IMHO. I am definitely a user, not a collector, so :)

Agree! I have a good used M3 for shooting. And I have no problems to use a new Leica like M7 or new MP (if I could afford one). But I don't want to be the person, who makes the first scratch in a 50 years old camera. I just can't.
There are enough used ones out there...

:)

Agree! I have a good used M3 for shooting. And I have no problems to use a new Leica like M7 or new MP (if I could afford one). But I don't want to be the person, who makes the first scratch in a 50 years old camera. I just can't.
There are enough used ones out there...

:)

So when will you be posting them here for sale? I hope , I hope. :D

p104095463jhy.jpg

The cases show some scratches from storage as you can see. The 35mm Summicron needs Service (oily aperture blades). Also the shutter of the M2.
And unfortunately the M3 is missing some little bit of vulcanite. Besides that, it is really like out of the factory. Unfortunately, no original boxes.

So happy!
You can PM my home address. Just ship them out. I promise to use them.:D

IMAGE_631D7961-E9DC-4FAA-B6C7-C2414D71A7D4.JPG

I'm back to all film M setup. M2 is still my most favorite M.

Gorgeous setup Sug, Nice Indeed !!
You will LOVE the 35 asph cron....Stellar lens
You make me want to pick up my M2 again, which I will
And put my M4 up on the shelf for awhile ...:angel:

Back