Let's see your Leica M

My super-clean M4-2 with the Zeiss Biogon 35mm. Probably should’ve put the Leica 90mm on it for the photo. I like the very clean viewfinder frame lines of this camera, compared to busier later Leica M bodies.View attachment 4817098
BTW, Gordon: Which meter are you using in this photo? I have an MR-4 and one of the Voigtländer Meter II ... I use the Voigtlander mostly on the M4-2. The one you're using looks different from a couple others I've seen. Thx!

G

BTW, Gordon: Which meter are you using in this photo? I have an MR-4 and one of the Voigtländer Meter II ... I use the Voigtlander mostly on the M4-2. The one you're using looks different from a couple others I've seen. Thx!

G
That’s the Doomo Meter S. I have a silver finish one on my Nikon S3 2000. USB-C rechargeable. Reasonably accurate.

DSCF0983.JPG

Just a photo from the other day (taken with my X-Pro 1 w/ 23mm f/2). The Leica is an M4 from the first batch in 1967. The only Leica (Leitz) lens I have for it is a 1957 DR 5 cm Summicron but it was sitting on my Fuji XE-3.

The other two cameras are my old Minolta 7sII with a stuck aperture. Second time over the 40+ years I've owned it. On the other side is my old Yashica J, my first real camera and the one I used in my high school photo classes all those years ago.

Okay but….. tell us about the Woodstock!
Well, the Woodstock is, of course the most famous collectible from the music festival. How I got it and 7 other guys into my old MG, I'll never know...

Or, I bought it at a local used furniture store 20 years ago for about $20. Liked the name, price, design, etc. Plus, I took a typing class in college. Recollection is it's from sometime in the 1930's and still works though it could use a new ribbon. :)

52494994870_4387093abf_b.jpg

Red Dot

Back