Let's see your Olympus Pen

David, I order my front caps, 43mm size, from an ebay supplier (there are several). They were cheap but serviceable and arrived in about 10 days from China. I ordered a quanity of 5, used 4 right away and have one as a spare.

tumblr_mz319q5hAq1rvr7fjo1_500.jpg

Thanks for lens cap info!

Thanks for lens cap info!

David, I order my front caps, 43mm size, from an ebay supplier (there are several). They were cheap but serviceable and arrived in about 10 days from China. I ordered a quanity of 5, used 4 right away and have one as a spare.

Zuiko85, thanks for the information on Pen lens caps and your strategy for getting them. I like the idea of having a spare or two. And when out on a photo journey cheap caps are a good idea.

Thanks again,

David

Just got this one at Good will for $7.99

Just got this one at Good will for $7.99

L06q8m4.jpg

vgIC8MN.jpg

luA9YjA.jpg

ckmuAus.jpg

i just shot a roll of 200 color through it when i get the prints back next week ill post them in a thread (I also got a NIce Pen D for $5)

I'm sure I've posted a version of this old picture in the past (I still own it):

Attachments

• Pen S.jpg
    Pen S.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Here's mine:

I've wanted an interchangeable lens Pen since I first got the E-P2, back when that was first released, and I finally found this one earlier this year. :) It's my favourite camera currently. Though it's a little odd as one stroke of the film advance lever isn't enough to cock the shutter most of the time. I usually have to pull the lever out a little bit again.

I've wanted an interchangeable lens Pen since I first got the E-P2, back when that was first released, and I finally found this one earlier this year. :) It's my favourite camera currently. Though it's a little odd as one stroke of the film advance lever isn't enough to cock the shutter most of the time. I usually have to pull the lever out a little bit again.

The F was double stroke, right?

Here's mine:

I have the same with my panda F. I have this image posted in another thread, but I gladly repost.

U38816I1464870365.SEQ.0.jpg

The F was double stroke, right?

I think it's only the original Pen F that's double stroke. The later FT and FV (which is what mine is) should be single stroke. I guess I shouldn't be surprised if it needs some adjustment after sitting unused for decades. :(

I have the same with my panda F. I have this image posted in another thread, but I gladly repost.

U38816I1464870365.SEQ.0.jpg

I'm a bit relieved to read that mine isn't an isolated incident. :) Which lens do you have on your FT here? That looks like it could be the Leica adapter?

tumblr_od17rj856B1tum3hno1_500.jpg

tumblr_od17rj856B1tum3hno2_500.jpg

tumblr_od17rj856B1tum3hno3_500.jpg

A well used Pen. The strap lug is missing (looks as if it was filed off), many dents and a former owner used it as a canvas. The shutter sound is amazing and all controls snap into place firmly.

Here's my two, I'm using the S, the aperture blades on the EES-2 are stuck, probably as a result of being dropped.

Back