Let's see your Olympus Pen

I love that set-up! What pc sync cable/hotshoe are you using?

Thanks!
I'm just using a Chinese SEAGULL SC-2 Flash Hotshoe / sync adapter.
I put a sticker on it to make it look....nicer. haha
BUT, here's the thing... I had to cover the bottom of the adapter with two pieces of clear tape because the cold shoe on the Pen F is metal and interferes with the flash signal. So if you cover up the metal on the bottom of the adapter to close the circuit you can use the adapter without any problems. This is the same for any camera with a metal cold shoe. I tried it on a few models.

UPDATE: The taped adapter was not reliable enough and every so often the flash wouldn't trigger. So I unscrewed the whole adapter and snipped the wires that attached to the metal rod at the bottom and also discovered that there was one wire connected to the rails that fastened to the shoe on the camera. I snipped that wire as well and covered the ends with a tiny piece of tape.

After screwing the adapter back together it's MUCH more stable now and I haven't had any sync problems.

Just got this from friend and RFf'er Johan. It's really strange and amusing to see 72 on the frame counter dial :)

LCHANYUNGCOPENEE3.jpg

Here's my two, I'm using the S, the aperture blades on the EES-2 are stuck, probably as a result of being dropped.

I've just finished running a film through the S, photos came I well but figured I probably wouldn't use the camera again so I told my wife I was going to put it on eBay. Her response?

"But it's a cute camera."

Guess I won't be selling it! :D

My next goal is ro repair the EES-2.

Is that a black FV or am I just being overly hopeful that such a thing exists?

a black Fv would be easy to just make by swapping out the plates (i know since i did exactly that for my own personal FT/FV hybrid). the black paint top plate will still read PEN FT though.

This is my Pen (no letters after the name!) with my 1982 Trip.
The Pen is an eBay bargain and currently
Being tested with Agfa Vista film from the local Poundland...
BXyuMQkg49s

Picked up this PEN FT at the photographica fair in Doesburg.
meter's not working, but mechanically it's sound.

21272948_1435236766524676_7897968213319419627_o.jpg

I received a long awaited package on Friday: PEN FT with F mirror (therefore meterless) withthe 38 1.8f, CLAed by OM doctor.

whatsappimage2019-03lpjc6.jpeg

whatsappimage2019-03rck8g.jpeg

whatsappimage2019-03m9j8i.jpeg

I'm still trying out, but the plan is that the camera should accompany me on my 16-day trip to the USA. What I noticed with my first two test films: The negative surface is not 100% straight and "missing" a bit on top compared to my PEN EES-2. Is this normal with the PEN FT? See here, the black stripe on the top is exposed on my PEN EES-2:

xxxxxxx1qjix.jpg

< cat photo >

Very nice.

Nice to see all these wonderful cameras. This last October I had a great time photographing fall colors with my Pen FT. A totally enjoyable experience.

Attachments

• IMG_20190414_162605709~2.jpg
    IMG_20190414_162605709~2.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 0
Ever since I saw and replied to this thread last year, I've been trying to explain to myself what I find so very appealing about these cameras. When I started using my FT, it was an experience that I've had with no other camera. Still, I'm at a loss for words. Perhaps the appeal is that it is such a complete and competent instrument in a small package.

Back