let's see your yashica rf

Jeff, that Professional looks terrific! Do you think these cameras are now in rougher shape than the GT's and GTN's?

In any case, this is a beauty. Good shooting to you!

The ones which I have found so far have been very rough, but probably just due to bad luck. This one cost me about $10, which is pretty cheap, but the last working Professional I found cost me only 1 cent. At these prices I can't complain. If anyone needs parts for a Professional, I have plenty...

My Electro 35 CC (purchased from Frontman)

Portra_016.jpg

Got mine off ebay in mint condition for around $50.00 with a full case and owners manual. I found a battery online and ran one roll of film thru and now trying some black and white film as first roll only had a few good ones but that was kind of expected with my first film camera.

yashica-rangefinder.jpg

My Yashica Electro 35

My Yashica Electro 35

tumblr_m5i0aclRnC1r9zzg2o1_1280.jpg

I have found this beauty along with her niece, a Canon A35F, on a flea market last sunday. She came complete with the set of tele- wide angle lens, viewfinder and eveready case which protected her perfectly!

Hello everyone,

this is my first post in this forum (after reading for quite a while), so i want to thank you for all the information provided here!

I got my Yashica 35 yesterday after a nice chat with the previous owner, and all I can say is I'm simply amazed by this little gem.

Although my other Yashica RFs (Electro Professional, 35 GS, 35 CC and Lynx 14e) are built to a high standard, this is different,
it just operates so smooth after all these years! All I had to do was to adjust the rangefinder.

Unfortunately, there is little to be found about this camera, and I could get my hands on a manual. Does anyone know where to find it?

IMGP2820.jpg

IMGP2823.jpg

As you can see, it is in perfect shape, although the case says it's seen quite some use.
The white ring around the viewfinder ist some whiteglue i apllied to prevent my glasses from getting scratched. This comes in handy especially with FSU rangefinders.

I can't wait to put some film in it to see what the Yashinon 1.9 45mm can do, I'm convinced it won't disappoint me!

Cheerio Tony
Wql5

Next one in my collection is the Electro 35CC, which serves as my everyday-carryaround camera (is that what the CC stands for?)
IMGP2861.jpg

This would've been my favourite rangefinder if it hat a faster shutter and a real aperture instead of that joke they threw in.:bang:

The lens hood is actually on for testing purposes, will see if it vignettes or not. A test with my Pentax DSLR seemed encouraging.

I couldn't be happier with the results though, even without a hood:

IMGP2858.jpg

In fact, did yashica ever produce a bad lens?

Cheerio Tony

Here's an unusual one: A Yashica Electro M5.

Shot from the top shows the unusual feature of this camera: three position aperture (indoors, cloudy, sunny) which give the three apertures, wide open, mid, and stopped down. There are no f/stops. Before full automation, this was an attempt to make photography easier.

Alas, this one will never expose any more film. Mark Hama very graciously examined the camera and tells me it has water/moisture damage and failed electronic parts. It's for the display shelf.

111000-Yashica-M5-Top.jpg

111000-Yashica-M5-FL-Quarter.jpg

Since the display shelf has become crowded, I sent this M5 as a gift to Joe M Wolff, the "YashicaGuy" in appreciation for his helpful yashica-guy.com site.

Yashica GSN

Yashica GSN

Sorry to bring up an old thread, but I just joined this forum.
Thought I would show my GSN, since it's proven to be a great little camera.
I have had it since 2001 I think. I bought an adapter from Yashica Guy, had an old LR- Grip for a Leica R7 that I had at the time. I purchased it from Photo Equip, back when they still made them. The lens shade is from a company called DKE, and the flash is one I found cheap on Ebay.
It all comes together for a nice package that takes incredible pictures for very little money.

039.jpg

041.jpg

040.jpg

The little flash works great with 100 speed film at F4. Fill flash outside at f5.6.

While we're at it, here's my GSN. A little scarred, but still a beautiful thing to shoot.

rDM32dyl.jpg

Last edited:
The elusive M5, bought, as "shutter not working" for £5...new battery+seals, cleaned inside and out, inc. lens. Works perfectly... As new...

DSC06723-001.JPG

DSC06703-001.JPG

DSC06717-001.JPG

Back