let's see your yashica rf

The elusive M5, bought, as "shutter not working" for £5...new battery+seals, cleaned inside and out, inc. lens. Works perfectly... As new...

Congratulations. You did better with your M5 than I (mine, shown earlier in this thread, was not repairable).

For anyone interested, there are two M5's for sale on the auction site now, one may be working.

Here is my MG-1. Homemade strap from 550 paracord and 6 ounce leather. Total cost of this camera was 8 bucks :)

Also, how do you upload larger photos?

Anyone have a spare GT or GTN they'd be willing to part with? I've been wanting to get one for many years now but I always have something come up.

Enough Lens?

Enough Lens?

med_U8740I1365020591.SEQ.0.jpg
I just may keep this one! Just back from b1bmsgt.

Last edited:
Man, the Minister 700 is grossly under-represented here! It's such a handsome camera. I love the sound of advancing the film!

Yashica Minister 700 1 by Anders Myhre Brakestad, on Flickr

Yashica Minister 700 2 by Anders Myhre Brakestad, on Flickr

Yashica Minister 700 3 by Anders Myhre Brakestad, on Flickr

Yashica Minister 700 4 by Anders Myhre Brakestad, on Flickr

Yashica Minister 700 5 by Anders Myhre Brakestad, on Flickr

Yashica Minister 700 6 by Anders Myhre Brakestad, on Flickr

Yashica Minister 700 7 by Anders Myhre Brakestad, on Flickr

Sunday I got a 6V battery and stuffed it in. Like magic it sprang to life!
It seems to work perfectly. Now I hope it doesn't sell so I can raise the price or keep it.

Stuck in 1968

Stuck in 1968

How do you guys get your PIX to show on the box? I've tried from Flickr, gallery, and my hard drive!

Too old to learn a new trick?

By the way, it didn't sell. Time for a test drive. The roses really are great in the back yard. We just had our spring rain!

Hi Greyscale,

Don't think that's a Gold Mechanica version. They began with the GS and the Gold Mechanica GT.

If it has a recess on the baseplate it's an early model, a flat base would indicate second series just before the GS/GT.

Yashica, like FSU models, sometimes overlapped, so ye may have a Gold version without the logos.

:cool:

Hi Greyscale,

Don't think that's a Gold Mechanica version. They began with the GS and the Gold Mechanica GT.

If it has a recess on the baseplate it's an early model, a flat base would indicate second series just before the GS/GT.

Yashica, like FSU models, sometimes overlapped, so ye may have a Gold version without the logos.

:cool:
Not according to the manual, and the photos inside. Not a GS or a GT to be found. I believe that all of the "G" series Yashicas are Gold Mecanica, starting with this version. I think that that is what the "G" is for (Yashica Guy and I seem to disagree here, as with the spelling), the first version of the Electro 35 was less the "G". This does have the flat base plate and the rewind lever stem door latch. But as can be seen from the manual, it is clearly labeled as a "Gold Mecanica" (note the spelling):

Yashica Electro 35 G (Gold Mecanica) manual by Greyscale3, on Flickr

Hi G-scale, looks like ye could be correct. Had a look at Yashica guy's pages, then Karen Nakamura's - http://www.photoethnography.com/Cla...meset.html?YashicaElectro35GSN.html~mainFrame.

She's quite sure it's gold contacts (click on G at the top right of the page).

Reason ah was wondering is that my electro GT has the recess, doesn't have color on the lens but has the gold contacts. So probably excess stock parts have been used up.

Mine seems to be an intermediate version, with the new baseplate/latch, but without the "Color" added to the lens.

The "GT" is basically a "G" in black, correct? Still 500 ASA and with a cold shoe? It could be that all GTs have the old style baseplate, and as far as the "Color" goes, this is my third G, and none had the updated lens engraving, so perhaps that version is mythical and the change wasn't made until the GS was introduced.

This from here, http://www.yashica-guy.com/document/variations.html , there are several known variations on the GT

The next image shows the full view. This is followed by the later GT which has the combo rewind handle / door release. This model like the later GS brushed satin chrome model, has discontinued the test lamp. Both of these cameras shown were made in Japan. If purchasing a camera by mail, you may wish to know exactly which version is on offer. There is no model designation to distinguish between these two very different cameras. The later model most often has a scale to ASA 1000. Both cameras have an imitation leather skin. As if these drastic variations were not enough to confuse the prospective buyer, there is an early model GT with the recessed base that has an ASA scale to 400 and Christian Harkness writes that he found one of these Japan made examples with an ASA 500 scale. The later model as shown below it with the flat base-plate has an ASA dial to only 500.

Back