let's see your yashica rf

Hi Greyscale,

Aye the GT is the black version of the G/GS. There was a GT model introduced after the G and before the GS/GT, that's probably where mine fits in.

Mine's has ASA500 - a separate Battery check button(removed on later models) - cold shoe - no "color" on the lens. One explanation for that is, after a time, there was no need to name it as "color" but mine is an early model?

Seen a GS with "color" on the lens, and a couple of GSNs .

DSCF1610.JPG
DSCF1619.JPG
DSCF1550.jpg

Hi Guys,
I hope its ok to join in the discussion.
With regards to "G" in the electros, I thought this means "Graded-up" instead of Gold Mechanica. Anyway, its been very informative here and I'm very thankful to you guys who shares your knowledge.

BTW, I too just bought recently a 1st gen electro for around $10. See, no G in the logo.
It has a sticky shutter that I was able to clean and its working fine now :)

yashicaelectro351stgen_zps741b6b5d.jpg

Hi.

I got an Electro GT from ebay last week. I dropped a bid of £15 and forgot about it, I got an email saying I had won!. I was hoping it would work with a little TLC, but it didn't even need that! I taped some watch batteries together and dropped them in with a loose spring and everything fired up!

Pics of the camera to follow as I can't seem to get them from my phone to my Mac!

I have posted a sample photo up as well in the Yashica forum.

Regards

Carl

This Yashica requires attention to the rangefinder and viewframe.

This Yashica requires attention to the rangefinder and viewframe.

https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/...5816368924285886722&oid=101209456517479509459

https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/...5885824076499959586&oid=101209456517479509459

The viewframe is tilted by almost two degrees, and the rangefinder is off the mark by the distance to the f/10 depth of focus point. Following advice from this site, I adjusted the focus ring, but now the rangefinder no longer agrees with the markings.

I have owned this camera since 1980, but I now demand more from it than OK results from fast film and zone focusing. I shot a roll of Ektar 100 film with it in June using a new understanding of the focus calibration. When I get this roll processed, I will see if I am moved to put more film in this Yashica.

I now appreciate better than before, though, the freedom from flare, and the no fuss automatic exposure offered by this camera.

Last edited:
3jal,

The extender lenses that you picture do work fine in my experience, but the distance translation tables are rubbish. For the tele extender, I reset the distance to .77 of the actual, and for the wide extender 1.19 of actual. This is inversely in proportion to the new focal length.

today's charity store find - GSN and accessories - the meter is working, shutter sounds OK, VF looks like it needs cleaning and the RF patch looks a bit dim. I'll know more after I've shot a test roll.

9340533111_064cb35a73_o.jpg

by lynnb on Flickr

Thank you!
The 35 GS has a stuck ASA dial; fortunately at 100 ASA, so I can use my Polypan F without problems. I should use them all more often.

Yashica M - a.k.a. "35M", or first-generation Minister (I think).

This particular example isn't technically a rangefinder any more, as some small glass piece in the viewfinder is rattling around and the RF patch isn't visible. Scale focusing works a treat, though!

Yashica M by Richard Wintle, on Flickr

Photos from this beastie are here, if anyone's interested:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/ricardipus/sets/72157633087781639/

Yashica M - a.k.a. "35M", or first-generation Minister (I think).

This particular example isn't technically a rangefinder any more, as some small glass piece in the viewfinder is rattling around and the RF patch isn't visible. Scale focusing works a treat, though!

Yashica M by Richard Wintle, on Flickr

Photos from this beastie are here, if anyone's interested:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/ricardipus/sets/72157633087781639/
Yashica had to rename the "M" series to "Minister" to appease a certain German manufacturer of a similarly named camera. I like this original "M" very much. It was Yashica's first 35mm camera to incorporate a built-in light meter.

Yashica had to rename the "M" series to "Minister" to appease a certain German manufacturer of a similarly named camera. I like this original "M" very much. It was Yashica's first 35mm camera to incorporate a built-in light meter.

Ah, thanks for that. I am fond of this camera too... the meter works beautifully on mine, and is nice and simple to adjust for different ISO.

Of course, the filter ring is dinged on mine as well (I imagine this might be from the same drop as caused the viewfinder piece to let go). It's heavy as heck though. ;)

Ah, thanks for that. I am fond of this camera too... the meter works beautifully on mine, and is nice and simple to adjust for different ISO.

Of course, the filter ring is dinged on mine as well (I imagine this might be from the same drop as caused the viewfinder piece to let go). It's heavy as heck though. ;)

I've got a GL that was dropped like that before I got it, and it left "shock angels" in between the front elements. Only affects the image when shooting into the light, but looks weird.

1) How to go from this... by br1078phot, on Flickr

PF

Back