let's see your yashica rf

This just arrived in the post. $10 on eBay, and needs a little work. My very first decent camera was a Yashica Minister, so I couldn't pass this up!

file_zps7ccec3d8.jpg

here's one a little different.

P2042059.jpg

Can I just add that I'm new to this forum, and I am already in awe of the skills just in this thread. I mean shots like the above, which could have been just a bare shot of a camera like I did, somehow tell a whole story. And some of you guys seem to be able to get fantastic images from your iPhone. Anyway, some great work here :)

2610760649_cdb28d9bae_b.jpg

I have two of these. Both function well. Seeing this thread reminded to remove the batteries as the cameras do not see much use any more.

Another Minister-D
Oktoberfest2012-05471-XL.jpg

Sony A900 | Minolta 85G | f/5.6 | 1/500s | 640iso

Oktoberfest2012-05447-XL.jpg

Sony A900 | Minolta 85G | f/2.8 | 1/125s | 320iso

The Yashica YF is one of the most advanced Leica screwmount cameras ever, even if it is a tiny bit funny-looking.

Cheers,
Dez

I like your picture of the extender lens. They work much better than the reviews allow, but the lookup tables for modifying the focus distance are rubbish. Simply reset the focus to .77 of what is measured for the tele-extender, and to 1.19 for the wide.

Added this MG-1 to my fleet yesterday for $5 at the flea market. Still gotta go through it and adjust it, but the rangefinder is aligned well, no dents in filter ring or body, POD might be gone, and is overall pretty good for a find in the wild.

2014-10-26%2020.15.27_zpskdv310dh.jpg

-Xander

Back