M 262

A couple of environmental portraits.
262 and 35 Lux FLE wide open.
L1003658_zpsui0wa8il.jpg

L1003647_zpswapke3in.jpg

I thought the 262 was going to be my first "new" M body purchase until I caved last week on a darn near new-looking black paint M9-P that I now have and just love.

I still see an M262 in my future, it's just further down the road now, LOL...

Congrats Greg. There is something about the images from the CCD sensor that are just so cool. I also picked a VERY gently used M-E with a one year Leica warranty that i really like. Before I bought my MM (original) 3+years ago I borrowed a really good buddies M9 for a month or so and really feel in love with it. Didn't want to return it (LoL). That was what convinced me to buy the MM.

The thing I really like about the 262 is the better low light capability. They both are great cameras. Congrats again.

I also just realized I put this thread in an MM forum. SORRY. Mods if you think it should be moved please do so.

Lovely work and I too am partial to your B&W imagey. At the moment I am not on a calibrated monitor but regarding the two enviormental portraits you just posted, both but especially the 2nd one shows the often seen characteristic yellowish skin tones seen in mixed lighting with the M240 cameras. Its a primary reason I have stayed with the M9, even thought operationally and high ISO performance is superior with M240/M262. Yes a camera profile does help to address this but not always fully eliminates the occurance. Again first and formost its about the image and many of yours are impressive.

Dave (D&A)

Thanks Dave and yes my heart and all of my personal work will remain in B&W. It's not red orange like my Canons seem to go but maybe slightly yellow but I would rather warm skin tones than cool.

I agree, warmer skin tones are preferable to cool which sometimes thr M9 exhibits. Yet when thr yellowish and/or conversly ruddy skin tones rear their ugly head with the M240 series of cameras, its often times excessive to the point of not being able to tame with post processing. Still no color camera is perfect in all conditions.

Dave (D&A)

I agree, warmer skin tones are preferable to cool which sometimes thr M9 exhibits. Yet when thr yellowish and/or conversly ruddy skin tones rear their ugly head with the M240 series of cameras, its often times excessive to the point of not being able to tame with post processing. Still no color camera is perfect in all conditions.

Dave (D&A)

I found that with most CMOS sensors. The M-E has a bit cooler skin tones for lack of a better word. With a lot of what I do the designers will either cool of the skin or even warm it up up more to match the tone and feel of the piece. And then there's the printing process LoL...

I still prefer the color from the M 262 to Canon.

Was out in the mountains doing my best to get my Jeep stuck on the snowmobile trails and was able to stumble across this fine view. I think that the M262 and ZM Biogon 35/2 were able to do it justice.

I did get the Jeep stuck...then back out in time to rescue another poor soul.

And, I have found the 262 seems to record color a bit cooler then I was used to with the M9.

EDIT - Just for the record, the snow cornices in the foreground are between 7 feet to infinity. My grandson is over 6 feet and he got himself stuck enough it took a rope to get him back out. :D

I had found my M-E files to be a bit cooler or more neutral than the files from the M 262 which seem to be a bit warmer towards yellow/red.

Allen, so what's you verdict with the 262 shooting side by side with the M-E for your commercial work? Which one wins your heart?

Hi Dave,

I like them both though I think my heart is with the 262 mainly because it is really better in low light than the M-E. Could be all in my head but I do really like the files from the M-E. The shutter on the 262 is just so quite.

M 262 & Zeiss 35 2.8 Biogon ZM

Light on my office wall
16:23 2016_02_18

L1008438_zpsj25q2bf1.jpg

Sounds all good! Suddenly you got 3 RFs. Nice to see you finally fully using them for both personal and your commercial work.

Sounds all good! Suddenly you got 3 RFs. Nice to see you finally fully using them for both personal and your commercial work.

Sold all the DSLRs and I really like them all (Leica Ms) so no regrets at all. Thinking about picking up a 28 Lux.

Only the MM and 35 lux for my personal work. Still my fav....

Back