M 262

Depends on what you are looking for...

Mainly just better low light performance. I am fortunate enough to have some fast M lenses, but I don't always want to be shooting at f/1.4. By how many stops would you say that the M 240 sensor outperforms that of the M9?

I shoot with the M-E at 1600 a lot. You just have to make sure you done underexpose. The M 262 a lot at 3200 so I would say a one stop for sure and yes when you need it it can be important.

I like them both a lot actually for different reasons.

M 262 and mid 1980s 90 cron

L1006327%202_zpstynu5krr.jpg

Some minor adjusting (color, density, contrast, etc in ACR, convert and fine tune in CS6, Have lightroom but I really never warmed up to it. CS6 is more the way I would approach processing in a wet darkroom.

Yes, I've been using CC now, CS6 and prior versions before that. All Lightroom is, is camera raw with a few extra features I would never use and a forced-use library system I do not particularly care to be tied too after having tried it.

As it's now turning out, looks like I'll be in a position to have an M262 myself within the next couple of weeks, and without having to turn in either of my M9's....best of both worlds. The idea of just whipping the camera out that has the lens mounted that I want to shoot sounds particularly cool, and something I never thought I'd have a chance to experience with this system.

Do you find the M262 raw files to have a decent amount of heardroom if you were to extend the exposure a little extra to the right, or do you need to get the highlights "right" in camera if you want to retain all the information? M9 raw files give a decent headroom which is something I really like about working with files from that camera.

I try controlling the white balance by dialing in the Kevin temperature, using 5600K for daylight, but M9 raw files always seem to open up in ACR in low 4000K's, temperature-wise, no matter the manual setting I use. I've heard the auto white balance of the 262 is improved. That would be one on the plus side for it, and why I'd always keep the 35mm Summicron, my most-used lens, mounted on that body.

yes the 262 unlike my MM has headroom. Still getting used to processing color files from the M-E and M 262. A bit different from Canon though the M 262 seems to be closer to Canon, CMOS I guess. Seems the 262 is a bit warmer than the M-E.

My 35 Lux FLE is my most used lens but spends most of it's time on the MM.

Gotta say, after shooting for the last 3 months with the M246, I have been really tempted to get a 262 for colour work. soo much temptation hehe..

Back