M9 Alive and ....well- Post Your Pics Here!

M9, even with a wooden stake in its heart it lives on. I have read all sorts of reasons why it is not worth using, how its colors are not all that good, how other cameras do it better and so on. I guess most of us have. But that M9 just keeps showing up saying, "Hey, look at this." I like mine a lot. And with a really nice lens it will do great things with color and IQ so it has what it takes when you can deliver a good image through a lens to its sensor. Here is another hull, I like the color. This one is with the Skyllaney Bertele remake and improvement of the '34 CZJ 5cm F/2.0.

The boat, the Captain Connor, seems to be in perennial Purgatory, neither advancing nor receding. It has been in dry dock for as long as I can remember with little or no change. Someone loves it.

L1003120.JPG

And here is another pic, this time with the X2D, different time, different light:

Last edited:
I like the M9 shot better. Good color. Doesn't seem to be much holding up the boat. I wouldn't get too close.

I like the M9 shot better. Good color. Doesn't seem to be much holding up the boat. I wouldn't get too close.

M9 + Skyllaney. That Skyllaney is a marvelous lens, 110% of the '34 CZJ 5cm f/2.0. It has its own special magic and edible colors.

The boat, as all boats in drydock, is resting on its keel and is balanced by props along each side. This is customary. They are entirely stable. The insurance carriers would underwrite nothing otherwise. Folks lay ladders against the hulls and clamber in and out of the boats safely all the time. I did the same when I had a sailboat. There is not a lot new going on in boatyards. What is being done in boatyards has been done for centuries. ;o)

Here is another picture of the Captain Connor which illustrates better how the boat is maintained upright. This is how boats are usually maintained in dry dock. There may be other ways but I have not seen them.

Last edited:
Again, an M9 shot, well, in an M9 forum. ;o) This may have been posted before. It is an evening photo of a fishing boat in our Astoria harbor taken with the M9 and, again, with that Skyllaney Bertele. It handles a broad spectrum of light and color gracefully. It delivers good information to the wonderful Leica M9/Kodak sensor.

L1003145.JPG

Back