M9 Alive and ....well- Post Your Pics Here!

A pâtisserie with good looking women in it. You are at the Gates of Heaven. Just add some of that good NOLA chicory coffee. Laissez les bontemps roulez.

A pâtisserie with good looking women in it. You are at the Gates of Heaven. Just add some of that good NOLA chicory coffee. Laissez les bontemps roulez.
Haha, yes and genuinely friendly people working there.

One of my earliest memories was of my super sweet great grandmother making dark roast coffee and chickory on the stovetop with a drip pot for the coffee and whole milk boiling in a little saucepan. She'd pour the coffee and milk into a mug at the same time with proportions determined by color. The old fashion New Orleans way.

Haha, yes and genuinely friendly people working there.

One of my earliest memories was of my super sweet great grandmother making dark roast coffee and chickory on the stovetop with a drip pot for the coffee and whole milk boiling in a little saucepan. She'd pour the coffee and milk into a mug at the same time with proportions determined by color. The old fashion New Orleans way.
Café au lait, mon vieux, café au lait. The French never forget the important things. In France when they serve café au lait at the table it is sometimes with this proper ceremony. It just makes the event that much more elevated. Add a fresh brioche, confiture d'abricot and some unsalted good butter, woohoo, breakfast was never so good. ;o) You live in a great cultural mélange.

And, yes, I did make my pilgrimage to Café du Monde for biegnets and chicory coffee. On est obligé. And it was great, but, hey, it's NOLA.

Not an M9 shot. I did not have one at that time.

Biegnets.jpg

These colors are exquisitely rich, Kostya. I especially love the soft shadows on the pavement, despite the harsh evening light
Thank you! Taken around 8:30 this morning. Post processed. But this lens is known for interesting colors and rich saturation.

It should be possible to create beautiful images with other gear too. M9, I don't know, isn't that a dying species?

Sonnar Brian, do you own the Summilux 90/1.5?!

$400. Less than the Tax in VA on the Leica. My replacement for the Canon 85/1.5, also bought for under $500- and sold for a lot more.

I also have the 7artisans 75/1.25. That, and the 90/1.5 Mitakon satisfy my need for speed for short Telephoto. $850 for the Pair.

$400. Less than the Tax in VA on the Leica. My replacement for the Canon 85/1.5, also bought for under $500- and sold for a lot more.

I also have the 7artisans 75/1.25. That, and the 90/1.5 Mitakon satisfy my need for speed for short Telephoto. $850 for the Pair.
Interesting to see yours and others' use of these fast telephoto lenses. I had the opportunity to pick up a Canon 100mm f2 several years ago and I LOVE that lens. The 90/1.5 Mitakon looks like a fun lens!

Back