M9 Alive and ....well- Post Your Pics Here!

JacyC,
strong graphics of variety level of forms and I like the red plastic container (coffee mug) which slightly gives interesting object with contrasting color, a dash of horror and irony... that it may fall quickly to the other side quietly polluting the planet.

Bridge leading from BMW Museum to BMW World (Leica M9, Tri-Elmar 4.0 16mm)

L1001599-2.jpg

Great page. How bad do you feel being stuck with an M9? Not only am I over wanting a Monochrom, I'm now slightly sorry I didn't grab the sister chrome M9P at my dealer, now sold.

Great page. How bad do you feel being stuck with an M9? Not only am I over wanting a Monochrom, I'm now slightly sorry I didn't grab the sister chrome M9P at my dealer, now sold.

I don't feel bad at all with my M9 - the Monochrom would be a limitation, because I like colour too. And a M9 and a Monochrom would be a quite huge investment :eek: and additional weight :mad:, because I could'nt decide, which to take with me. So my choice is the M9, which opens both worlds (in some limited way regarding black and white, but I can live with that).

Best regards

I am going to explore auto ISO. I had been let down by the minimum shutter speed limit of 1/125 until you pointed out the bleeding obvious to me: just set 1/500 and f4 for the street and come what may.

There is something very compelling about auto-ISO. Especially with exposure lock / exposure compensation, especially because in aperture priority you can always see the shutter speed in the finder... Oh, M5, if only you had auto-ISO.

Maggie, I just got a 3880 on Friday and I must say that the printer is so good that the photographer is now failing the QC process. I am worried that I am not worthy. That shot of the guitars is great.

While it won't solve my quality deficiencies, this entire thread has me pining away from an M9.
Ah, the print QA team is already on the job...

Jackson and Scooter, January 24, 2013 by Maggie Osterberg, on Flickr

There is something very compelling about auto-ISO. Especially with exposure lock / exposure compensation, especially because in aperture priority you can always see the shutter speed in the finder... Oh, M5, if only you had auto-ISO.

The M5 does, it's called Kodak Portra 400! :D

Maggie, I just got a 3880 on Friday and I must say that the printer is so good that the photographer is now failing the QC process. I am worried that I am not worthy. That shot of the guitars is great.

While it won't solve my quality deficiencies, this entire thread has me pining away from an M9.

I'm hoping that I'm worthy, too. I've barely had time to unbox the mighty beast and am reading all of Ctein's articles about printing with it. I've got a print of his that he did with an Olympus E-P2 and it is just stunning. I imagine the M9 files will really be something, assuming I don't screw the pooch.

I went out yesterday with my new to me M9 to continue the series on the Cambridgeshire fens I'm working on. Nice to have such a light full frame body but the very bright sky and black clay fields were a test for the metering, to say the least.

U6887I1360534841.SEQ.0.jpg

U6887I1360539429.SEQ.0.jpg

U6887I1360539430.SEQ.1.jpg

U6887I1360539431.SEQ.2.jpg

U6887I1360539431.SEQ.3.jpg

Back