May Day photos from RFF people

I'll join this merry band. No idea what I'll come up with...Morris dancers, old folks by the sea, shoppers, kids in the beer gardens or my feet in a paddling pool. It'll give me a chance to play with my new 50mm too.

What it's about:

May Day, Tuesday 1 May 2007, is a big occasion in many places. In other places it is likely under the radar.

Following on from our Equinox day how about some of us making photos on May Day this year?

Mine will likely be old guys with dignity and red flags who remember the 1974 revolution, in a ramshackle parade.

From other parts of the world we may see celebrations, or parades, or a regular Tuesday.

One (1) photo per member typical of May Day wherever you are.

Respond if you're in for this. And if we get some interest we'll ask Stephen to set up a 'May Day 2007' gallery for our photos.

(I know that in Britain 'May Day' falls on Monday 7 May 2007. Go figure. If you're there feel free to photograph on that date instead. Perhaps photos of the traditional queues outside IKEA?)

Who is 'in' and what are their plans:

1 Jon Claremont, Communist party members in parade in Portugal
2 Socke, maybe music from a party in Germany
3 Steve Litt, something on bank holiday Monday in Britain
4 iml, something somewehere
5 steamer, Tibetan monks in Tokyo
6 lff, something everyday in North Carolina
7 migtex, something in Portugal
8 nico, something typical of Tuscany I think
9 OurManInTangier Morris dancers, old folks by the sea...

Please join up and give a vague idea of your plans if you have any.

I'll give it a try. It seems like I have a hard time finding time to shoot if I don't have some specific reason to get out and do so.

I would like to join.
I will play with the local windband, celebrating the worker's day: I may send a pictures of us playing in our village.

What it's about:

May Day, Tuesday 1 May 2007, is a big occasion in many places. In other places it is likely under the radar.

Following on from our Equinox day how about some of us making photos on May Day this year?

Mine will likely be old guys with dignity and red flags who remember the 1974 revolution, in a ramshackle parade.

From other parts of the world we may see celebrations, or parades, or a regular Tuesday.

Respond if you're in for this. And if we get some interest we'll ask Stephen to set up a 'May Day 2007' gallery for our photos.

(I know that in Britain 'May Day' falls on Monday 7 May 2007. Go figure. If you're there feel free to photograph on that date instead. Perhaps photos of the traditional queues outside IKEA?)

9 OurManInTangier, Morris dancers, old folks by the sea...
10 RML A regular day in Amsterdam or Mongolia
11 pachuco, punched in the face by any angry kid
12 ash13brook, getting inspired in Chicago
13 ebolton, in and around his New Hampshire office
14 Mauro, maybe in his village band celebrating May Day in Italy

What it's about:

ebolton:

I am so sorry. You are on the list now. I think I was away and neglected to look after this thing properly. Anyway my fault, and thank you for pointing it out.

What it's about:

15 nksyoon, panoramics from Zurich
16 sinetsin, something from Grirona or Pamplona
17 doitashimash1te, something in Amsterdam, or Breda or Antwerp

Hmm.. I may be interested in this, as I'll probably be in the city with my cameras. But is it a problem if my shot is from 30th April, as it's common here in Finland to celebrate on the eve of May Day? If things goes the same way as last year, my photos will be taken mostly in rallies and demonstrations (my May Day 2006 gallery).
So:
18 Lotari, something (probably demonstrations) in Helsinki, Finland

PS. I'll bring my QL17 with me, but probably most of the photos will be taken with Pentax dslr and Mamiya m645 medium format slr, is it a problem if the best photo happens to be from slr and I'll post it?

Back