May Day photos from RFF people

"old guys with dignity and red flags who remember the 1974 revolution, in a ramshackle parade."

Nice shot, very much as advertised.

steamer:

Thank you.

Yesterday was the second time I've been to this parade.

It took place excatly as before so I was able to plan the photos.

Also, last time I took a panoramic camera and was very pleased with the results, but this time I'm even happier with the standard 3:2 format and the cross processing.

Steamer - you had some lovely light for these shots, have you any more in your gallery?

Jon - I remember seeing the panoramic images of this parade, I liked those but agree that the cross processing has worked well here.

Mine may take a little longer, I'm all out of wetting agent after my cat knocked the bottle over about twenty minutes ago(!!)...with the hard water in this area I'm going to wait until I get a delivery sometime next week.

I've enjoyed having a little shared project to look forward to, photograph and share the differing results...maybe we could have a regular project thread every month ot so.

OK, no May 1st photos. It's regular boring day in Holland anyway. But April 30 is Koninginnedag, which is one big celebration, especially in Amsterdam. I took photos but still have to develop and scan the films.

So, I missed out on Equinox and the Euro RFF-Meet, but I'm not about to make the same mistake three times this spring! :) This thread flew under my radar until just about now, but I am hard at work scanning the images from the workers unions+political organizations' walk in Trondheim yesterday. Negatives look a bit dense, but I hope to save a few of the better frames.

Looking forward to seeing more great shots!

Ian: Thanks

Simon: The old dog-ate-my-homework excuse :) I've posted 2 shots in my gallery and probably will be posting more in the next few days.

Mango nice shot, looks like she is burning with an inner fire to put the means of production into the hands of the people.

lets see if these show up...

lets see if these show up...

May day photo and a photo of the guys that punch in the face (punching guy pic from another march, not mayday) :cool:

Attachments

• mayday.jpg
    mayday.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 0
  • anchst.jpg
    anchst.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Dear friends,
as planned I managed to take pictures of my windband playing at the Workers Club on May 1: I am waiting for receiving back my film developed in a few days.
Thanks for your patience!

steamer said:
Ian: Thanks

Simon: The old dog-ate-my-homework excuse :) I've posted 2 shots in my gallery and probably will be posting more in the next few days.

It didn't wash when I was at school either!

I actually have to lock myself in the bathroom when processing films, especially when I've got my hands in the changing bag - it's just too much of an opportunity for my cats to attack my hands or try and get high on the dev fumes.

Not good!

As RML mentioned before, May 1st is not a special day in The Netherlands, let alone a National Holiday. So, as I couldn't make it to go abroad (Antwerp, Belgium) where May 1st is celebrated, I stayed in Amsterdam and took this picture.

1091.jpg

1st May...

Old memories, old battles, same fights.....:cool:
Santarem, Portugal
Nikon S2, 5cm 1.4, CN400:D

More on my Flickr (and RFF) gallery later on...:eek:

Many thanks Jon for the heads-up and energy. :)

More Photos

484322753_a21d50f38b.jpg

484292614_d74b2f0975.jpg

484326755_b4e0c7835a.jpg

PS- All B&W taken with Nikon S2 and nikkor 5cm 1.4 on Kodak BW400CN, Color with other S2 and Nikkor 13.5cm 3.5 on Fujicolor 160C

Attachments

• F1030018_cr_900.jpg
    F1030018_cr_900.jpg
    286.1 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Jesus Cristo Made Seattle Under Protest

Jesus Cristo Made Seattle Under Protest

Here are my Mayday photos from the march in Seattle.
The event was peaceful and actually rather dull. I've never gone to a demonstration before, so maybe that is why.

Attachments

• One.jpg
    One.jpg
    189.2 KB · Views: 0
  • Two.jpg
    Two.jpg
    110.1 KB · Views: 0
  • Three.jpg
    Three.jpg
    156.4 KB · Views: 0
A few more...

Attachments