May Day photos from RFF people

I'm going to buy some film ... Hp5 and some 35mm colour print film for the Agfa Isolette ...
Hope the weather will be good .. now it's raining :bang::bang::bang::bang:

In

In

Jon Claremont said:
Anybody else joining in?

Good idea - I´ll give it a try - don´t actually know what we´ll use the day for, I don´t see too many demonstrations these days. Actually, we might go to the woods, weather permitting ... Anyway; I´m in.
leif e

What it's about:

May Day, Tuesday 1 May 2007, is a big occasion in many places. In other places it is likely under the radar.

Following on from our Equinox day how about some of us making photos on May Day this year?

Mine will likely be old guys with dignity and red flags who remember the 1974 revolution, in a ramshackle parade.

From other parts of the world we may see celebrations, or parades, or a regular Tuesday.

One (1) photo per member typical of May Day wherever you are.

Respond if you're in for this. And if we get some interest we'll ask Stephen to set up a 'May Day 2007' gallery for our photos.

(I know that in Britain 'May Day' falls on Monday 7 May 2007. Go figure. If you're there feel free to photograph on that date instead. Perhaps photos of the traditional queues outside IKEA?)

Who is 'in' and what are their plans:

1 Jon Claremont, Communist party members in parade in Portugal
2 Socke, maybe music from a party in Germany
3 Steve Litt, something on bank holiday Monday in Britain
4 iml, something somewehere
5 steamer, Tibetan monks in Tokyo
6 lff, something everyday in North Carolina
7 migtex, something in Portugal
8 nico, something typical of Tuscany I think
9 OurManInTangier, Morris dancers, old folks by the sea...
10 RML A regular day in Amsterdam or Mongolia
11 pachuco, punched in the face by any angry kid
12 ash13brook, getting inspired in Chicago
13 ebolton, in and around his New Hampshire office
14 Mauro, maybe in his village band celebrating May Day in Italy
15 nksyoon, panoramics from Zurich
16 sinetsin, something from Grirona or Pamplona
17 doitashimash1te, something in Amsterdam, or Breda or Antwerp
18 Lotari, something at an eve of May Day Party in Helsink
19 blakley, in Austin TX
20 leif e, near Oslo

Please join up and give a vague idea of your plans if you have any.

Who else is up for this?

I'm in the Seattle area and will be out shooting tomorrow. I plan to use HP5, an slr (sorry, don't have an appropriate rangefinder for the occasion).
Tomorrow is a planned illegal aliens' rights march. Is that an oxymoron?
So I'm in.

Mission accomplished shot 2 rolls of fuji 1600 color and a roll of neopan 400
Awesome scene inside an ancient temple I'm a little afraid about the one 40 shot roll of 1600 natura I shot with the Contax T. I'll soup the 400 tonight and pick up the natura tomorrow afternoon.

Quite a strange experience, this woman next to me was trying to get a photo of the monks making a sand mandala with her cell phone but it was too dark so I told her I'd send her some photos if she gave me her email address. I had just finished a roll of neopan 400 and put the smoking camera away and grabbed another fresh camera loaded with natura, when a temple official comes up and tells me no photos. I could take photos however if I had a press pass. Say what? I couldn't let the photo op get away so I went to the office to see about getting one. Turns out the person in charge is an old friend of mine. In moments I've got a press armband and I'm in like Flynn.

From the Sacred (Tibetan monks) to the profane (Mongol pop stars) here is a shot from Monday's Mongol Fest in Tokyo:

showphoto.php
http://www.rangefinderforum.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=62089&ppuser=4257

Last edited:
Here's a photo, sorry it's from a DSLR, film will be developed and scanned in a couple of days.

The official parade in Zurich is always an ecletic mix of causes from the usual trade unions, to Tamil separatists, Kurdish separatists and democracy in Iran.

Freedom for Ocalan and Peace in Kurdistan
479794521_81e730e7fc.jpg

http://www.flickr.com/photos/nksyoon/479794521/

A few more here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/nksyoon/sets/72157600163692460/detail/

I also shot 2 rolls of Tri-X on my Xpan. Should be online in a couple of days.

Last edited:
Our final list was:

1 Jon Claremont, Communist party members in parade in Portugal
2 Socke, maybe music from a party in Germany
3 Steve Litt, something on bank holiday Monday in Britain
4 iml, something somewehere
5 steamer, Tibetan monks in Tokyo
6 lff, something everyday in North Carolina
7 migtex, something in Portugal
8 nico, something typical of Tuscany I think
9 OurManInTangier, Morris dancers, old folks by the sea...
10 RML A regular day in Amsterdam or Mongolia
11 pachuco, punched in the face by any angry kid
12 ash13brook, getting inspired in Chicago
13 ebolton, in and around his New Hampshire office
14 Mauro, maybe in his village band celebrating May Day in Italy
15 nksyoon, panoramics from Zurich
16 sinetsin, something from Grirona or Pamplona
17 doitashimash1te, something in Amsterdam, or Breda or Antwerp
18 Lotari, something at an eve of May Day Party in Helsink
19 blakley, in Austin TX
20 leif e, near Oslo
21 May Day Parade, Clerkenwell Green, London
22 Bryce, Illegal Aliens' Rights March, Seattle

But anybody else is welcome.

steamer: I like the color in this photo.

nksyoon: It looks so tasteful it could only be Switzerland.

My own film will be back tomorrow. It was good light, and all went according to plan. A small group of old guys who remember the 1974 revolution (carrying red flags) walking round the city behind a marching band. By taking shortcuts across their route I was able to photograph them three times.

Jon Claremont said:
nksyoon: It looks so tasteful it could only be Switzerland.

The black-clad anarchists start their games with the police later - I don't have a gas mask and I'm too old for that s**t.

Here in pamplona we have a non-stop rain..so i have to post some shots i took on sunday in Roncesvalles (Navarra), the first spanish place into the pilgrimage to Santiago de compostela (spain)
I'm singing in choir and we had a concert in the roncesvalles chapel..some sacred music stuff.
I siezed the opportunity to take some shots..i think that in a few days all will be developed!

I expect you 'll have a better day!!:)

sinetsin

Woo-hoo! Hot and sunny here, sorry but that's big news!!I was working all day today but I did manage to lug my M6 round with me and got a few of a market and people getting on special May Day buses that took them off to somewhere nice.I'll try and dev them over the weekend and put them online...hopefully they'll come out alright ( see my post about "Dumb lad makes the easy mistake.")

Yikes!!! Cue the "outer limits" theme, for some reason none of my black and white shots of the monks came out--just blank negs. One of the color rolls is doubtful too so I've got my fingers crossed.

Although the day started in a wrong way (a tube of the water broken #!!@***!&%!!!) I took some shots yesterday night after midnight and today at lunchtime (a nice fish fair in a park near Lucca) and in the afternoon (there where a couple of concerts for the MayDay in a couple of places in the neighborhood)... hope to have some results to share soon...
ciao
Nico

I don't want to start any misconceptions here, but we had a rain free day here in Seattle and my visit downtown was a success.
I shot 2 1/2 rolls, though I think most of the frames would look pretty monotonous next to one another.
I should have them developed soon.

May Day Mandala

May Day Mandala

All right!!! One roll came out, and it looks like a good one.

Attachments

• コピー ~ img939.jpg
    コピー ~ img939.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 0
  • コピー ~ img941.jpg
    コピー ~ img941.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Back