Minolta SRT's -- Gotta Love 'Em.

Blue Danube Ceiling Detail by Nokton48, on Flickr

Ceiling Detail "The Blue Danube" Ohio State University campus area. For my wife and I our favorite bohemian hangout, a bar/grill with a lot of history. During dinner, Minolta SRT101 with 21mm F4 MLU lens was set squarely on dinner table, and made a minutes long exposure with cable release straight up into the ceiling. Camera positioned by a total guess. Was fun to do. Eastman XX film processed in Legacy Mic-X. Omega DII with LED head, 80mm F4 Rodagon Arista #2 Ultra RC paper 5x7. Sadly the Dube closed a couple of years ago.

This is the most recent film i shot - SRT303 with the 58f/1.4. Brilliant lens. I wish i had a 58/f1.2.

I found the 58mm f/1.4 to be a lovely lens, with a big advantage over the f/1.2 - the size and especially the weight.
Anyway, it enabled you to take great pictures. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
sebastian

I found the 58mm f/1.4 to be a lovely lens, with a big advantage over the f/1.2 - the size and especially the weight.
Anyway, it enabled you to take great pictures. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
sebastian
Thank you Sebastian, this lens came with an old srt101 that has some winding issues and I prefer using it on the SRT303. It suffered with the usual oil on aperture blades issue but cleaned nicely. It is one of my favourite 50-58mm fast primes.

How funny - my SRT303 is the one with the winding issues, so most of the time I go with the SRT100x, when it's Minolta time. But there is stiff competition with the Pentaxes (either Spotmatic, or K1000 or MX).
Time to give the SRT some action!

For me:

The 21mm F4 RF MC is my replacement for my 19mm RF Canon. Like it just as well. And the 21mm Floating Element F2.8 MC. Good to have both
The 35mm F1.8 MC is my replacement for my 35mm Leitz Summicron. The 35mm F2.8 MC replaces my Leitz Summarons.
The 58mm F1.2 MC is beeg but a light sucker. Necessary sometimes. A beast heavy.
The 85mm F1.7MC replaces my 90mm F2 Summicron. Also the -early- 100mm F2 vaporizes backgrounds like my 85mm F1.5 Canon, only at F2.0
All of these get original correct hoods and Minolta SRT yellow filters. Then ready to go.

All of these are good for walking around, and the best you can get :) Rokkor Glass MC

For me:

The 21mm F4 RF MC is my replacement for my 19mm RF Canon. Like it just as well. And the 21mm Floating Element F2.8 MC. Good to have both
The 35mm F1.8 MC is my replacement for my 35mm Leitz Summicron. The 35mm F2.8 MC replaces my Leitz Summarons.
The 58mm F1.2 MC is beeg but a light sucker. Necessary sometimes. A beast heavy.
The 85mm F1.7MC replaces my 90mm F2 Summicron. Also the -early- 100mm F2 vaporizes backgrounds like my 85mm F1.5 Canon, only at F2.0
All of these get original correct hoods and Minolta SRT yellow filters. Then ready to go.

All of these are good for walking around, and the best you can get :) Rokkor Glass MC
When you say "replaces" you mean .....(price/performance/size/ease of use/other reason)....?

Back