Minolta SRT's -- Gotta Love 'Em.

Makiflex JLane 9x12 Glass Plate EI 1 Key Day by Nokton48, on Flickr

Jason Lane Dry Plate 9x12cm Makiflex Plate Adapter Makiflex Automatic Key Day Full Sun. Legacy Mic-X tray developed under safelight. I'm in the process of setting up a film digitizing setup Minolta SRT Copy Stand Minolta Bellows Minolta 100mm F4 MC Bellows Rokkor at F13.5. Sony Nex 7 with SRT Adapter.

Current SRT Shooters by Nokton48, on Flickr

From Bottom Left, XK with Waist Level Finder for Horizontal shots, 21mm F4 MC Rokkor with Yashica 21mm Finder (for vertical shots). Behind that, 21mm F2.8 MC Rokkor switch out for low light. Even more low light, Black SRT101 Griptac Black 58mm F1.2 MC Rkoor with Minolta Yellow and Correct Hood. All these cameras are loaded with Eastman XX. Back far right, the SRT100 Green Kangaroo 100mm F2 Very Early Not MC Rokkor. Used with stop-down metering. Also Butter 3D Printed Grip on SRT100. The SRT100 is loaded with Ilford HP5+ Push Processed to EI 3200, exposed at EI 1600. All cameras have TomA Softies, Hairties, Minolta SRT Diopters installed, Original SRT Rubber Eyecups, Original Correct SRT Lenshoods. Current SRT Shooters. The XK is shaped a lot like the SRTs.

I got a Leica M3 re-covered with GripTac -- nice product and looks good. Rougher than the standard SRT (or any other) covering of course, but as a general rule I think it's a good option.

I was doin' some deep diving for the 100mm F2.0 early lens, I am enjoying using mine! Found some interesting information. It's radioactive but dosen't change to yellowish. It's a serious cult lens.

I found a coated Topcon K2 Filter, and also the Minolta D62NB Hood. This one is on the coocan website. So now I'm set with this lens, fun to shoot. Looks like shooting a longer version of the 58mm F1.2 Same kind of bokeh, like it.

Last edited:
A few shots with my SRT SUPER

MD ZOOM 30-70mm f3.5 (Macro version)
53034684397_acf776bda7_o.jpg
e-0193

MD ROKKOR 50/1.7 (55mm filter version)
53035265841_71ac31e311_o.jpg
e-0194

MD W.ROKKOR 24mm F2.8
53035657980_8fe4e177f4_o.jpg
e-0199

My SRT SUPER works great, and meters well, even with the newer MD lenses. The sophisticated CLC multi-segment light meter in this early 70's SLR handles difficult lighting well. Using a volt converting battery adapter and SR43 battery, my meter reads less than a half stop under.

These shots are on some old expired Ilford Delta 400 developed in TMax developer. Both beach photos were shot through an orange filter, and the portrait through a light green filter.

Black Griptac SRT101 85mm F1.7 MC Rokkor by Nokton48, on Flickr

This Black SRT101 with Black Griptac gets a lot of use. Shown with the 85mm F1.7 just back from Camtronics, the back end of the lens was loose, and Mac repaired it for $30. Now it's tight like all my other MC Rokkors. Camera is loaded with Eastman XX 5222 Movie Film, been using it some today. One of my main cameras and lenses in 35mm

^^^I so would love to have a black 101 or 102 in my possession, but since I no longer shoot film it'd be a total waste to spend the money on one. I do love that camera though.

For a number of years I could not locate my 85/1.7. I figured I must have sold it at a camera show; too bad -- and I still had the hood for it! But then I found it in a compartment of a hard case. Diaphragm is sluggish, but that's what the DOF button is for.

And yes, I would love a black SRT.

Zeiss Touit 2.8 50mm Nex 5 by Nokton48, on Flickr

Testing the Sony Nex 5 with Zeiss Makro Planar 2.8/50 T* Minolta SRT Copy Stand about 1:1 reproduction. Skier Pro Copy Box used for illumination, ERA 100 D23 1:1 rated at EI 50. Minolta SRT100 with 85mm F1.7 MC Rokkor handheld. Resolution looks pretty good at this point. I like this new Zeiss Makro Planar.

Back