Monochrom 246 and Leica SL in New Mexico

Somehow the flickr set up is even more impressive than the posts here on RFF.
Bob; Mark; Little Bighorn and Roads less travelled #1 are my favorites of the set.
Great work.

Somehow the flickr set up is even more impressive than the posts here on RFF.
Bob; Mark; Little Bighorn and Roads less travelled #1 are my favorites of the set.
Great work.

Many thanks Klaus -- the more I look at this set, the more I'm convinced that this is more cohesive than Invisible Threads. Of course this means a lot more trips out West :)

Its already been said here a few times -- great work!. But there, I said it too.

So, NM and south-central Montana. Are you following me Vince?

Clearly, I find the flickr series very cohesive. Inspiring too. Would be well-received in Bozeman I think. There's a market there too. :) Many Montanans (and myself) have a love-hate relationship with that.

Its already been said here a few times -- great work!. But there, I said it too.

So, NM and south-central Montana. Are you following me Vince?

Clearly, I find the flickr series very cohesive. Inspiring too. Would be well-received in Bozeman I think. There's a market there too. :) Many Montanans (and myself) have a love-hate relationship with that.

I'm thinking maybe next February of branching out -- maybe Oklahoma?

Vince, I enjoyed going through your Flickr 'Mapping the West' album.

I recently picked up a copy of 'Icons - Portraits 1969 - 2015' by Jay Dusard published by LensWork as part of their Monograph Series. Your portraits and landscapes are along similar lines.

Not sure if you have seen his work, and if not it can be viewed at the Atherton Gallery website.

Love your work, keep posting!

Grand opening of the gallery in Old Town Albuquerque -- I'll likely have 5-6 pieces on the wall, plus a few unframed ones.

Rural NM and guns

Rural NM and guns

Vince,

, "You are perfectly in the right to shoot someone on your property. Does not matter even if you shoot them in the back." I had told Jim that in New York even if someone breaks into your house and you kill them one has to worry about charges of manslaugter.

Cal

Hey Dan. I'm an ex-New Yorker living in rural NM for over 20 years. This is not exactly true. YES if they are in your house. No if on your property.

It's as much a self reliance thing as a gun thing. The sheriff won't respond in 10 minutes, better be able to handle things your self.

Same with most other things out here. We get crazy weather. (Snowed yesterday, 75 coming up Monday) Several years back it hit 20 below zero. We burst a pipe. I had to haul my sorry ass into the crawlspace and solder it back to health. The plumber isn't going to show up any more quickly than the Sheriff.

NM is colorful

NM is colorful

Nice work Vince. I appreciate seeing work that's different from mine.

I don't se in B/W. To me NM is colorful. (in more ways than one)

Attachments

• sml_U33464I1397175203.SEQ.0.jpg
    sml_U33464I1397175203.SEQ.0.jpg
    146.5 KB · Views: 0
  • sml_U33464I1397175441.SEQ.0.jpg
    sml_U33464I1397175441.SEQ.0.jpg
    114.4 KB · Views: 0
  • rooftops.jpg
    rooftops.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 0
Hey Dan. I'm an ex-New Yorker living in rural NM for over 20 years. This is not exactly true. YES if they are in your house. No if on your property.

It's as much a self reliance thing as a gun thing. The sheriff won't respond in 10 minutes, better be able to handle things your self.

Same with most other things out here. We get crazy weather. (Snowed yesterday, 75 coming up Monday) Several years back it hit 20 below zero. We burst a pipe. I had to haul my sorry ass into the crawlspace and solder it back to health. The plumber isn't going to show up any more quickly than the Sheriff.

Chip,

Thanks for the clarity. My neighbor gave me bad info. Good thing I didn't shoot anyone.

There was this expression: "If you don't like the weather wait 5 minutes."

One December day I remember experiencing 4 seasons in a day. The morning was winter, but by lunchtime I went outside and took off my shirt to sunbath. The late afternoon was like the fall, and by dusk winter returned.

I can understand seeing in color in New Mexico.

Cal

No worries Cal. Sorry for the slow response, I don't get to the forum as much as I could. Wish I could say it's excuse I'm out shooting, but takes me a long time to get through a roll of 120!

I appreciate your signature. I was having dinner with our 30 yr old God Daughter a couple months back. I had my minolta autocord with me, and she said," You're such a hipster. Where do you even buy a camera like that?"

I told her I bought it from another old hipster through a forum I visit.

Chip

Thank you for the tour, Vince. As Cal has said above, "A lot of nice shots. The MM, M-246 or SL does not really matter." Your photos are beautiful with both cameras. Maybe you only need one.

Nice job, Vince. I knew the ending from your travelog here, but it was nice to read again. I'm sure I would have come to the same conclusion. Given equal output, it's tough to beat an M.

Maybe I'm imagining this, but the photos don't look as good technically as I remember them here on RFF. Maybe the size and downsampling.

John

Back