Monochrom 246 and Leica SL in New Mexico

The main purpose of the Leica store is not to sell prints but you know that.;)
Anyway your prints and presentation look very clean and professional, high quality ... they fit in with the store environment.
I hope it will be successful for you one way or another.

Vince Lupo; said:
A few photos of the show at the Leica Store DC:

I've sold two pieces (one from the show, and another from the collection that's not in the show). Hoping for more!

I'm a bit ambivalent about not having any title cards on the walls (the store has a separate price/info sheet on their counter, along with my postcards). A couple of people have asked me if the pieces are for sale (well of course!), and I'm wondering if the store's method of presenting photo/artist info and prices is the right way to go. This is the way the store has always done it -- a very clean method of presentation to be sure, but perhaps a bit too mysterious in terms of sales etc info.

Wooohooo, very Cool, Congrats !

I for One Like 'Title Cards'.... It gives me a Glimpse into the Photographers Thoughts and Mind. Sometimes I do enjoy a clever or comical Twist , the Play of Words & Visual

Whenever I go into the Leica store here in NYC
I have never had the Staff mention the works that are hanging on the walls
nor that they are for Sale or do they hand me info about the Photographer & Pricing....
I have to ask !!

Wooohooo, very Cool, Congrats !

I for One Like 'Title Cards'.... It gives me a Glimpse into the Photographers Thoughts and Mind. Sometimes I do enjoy a clever or comical Twist , the Play of Words & Visual

Whenever I go into the Leica store here in NYC
I have never had the Staff mention the works that are hanging on the walls
nor that they are for Sale or do they hand me info about the Photographer & Pricing....
I have to ask !!

Many thanks Helen! Yes I find it a bit curious as well regarding the 'austere' presentation of the photos. I mean heck, they're taking a 50% commission on the photos, so why not be more explicit about the fact that they're for sale?

BTW the folding chairs in one of the photos are from the 'artist talk' that I gave last Sunday. It went pretty well - about 12 people attended, and at the end of the talk I let the attendees leaf through a box of loose 11"x16" prints from the collection that were not on display in the show. Thought it was an idea for them to see some prints 'beyond the glass'.

The main purpose of the Leica store is not to sell prints but you know that.;)
Anyway your prints and presentation look very clean and professional, high quality ... they fit in with the store environment.
I hope it will be successful for you one way or another.

Many thanks Klaus -- more sales are of course always appreciated. I'm also hoping that another Leica Store will pick up the show and exhibit it.

A few photos of the show at the Leica Store DC:
I've sold two pieces (one from the show, and another from the collection that's not in the show). Hoping for more!

I'm a bit ambivalent about not having any title cards on the walls (the store has a separate price/info sheet on their counter, along with my postcards). A couple of people have asked me if the pieces are for sale (well of course!), and I'm wondering if the store's method of presenting photo/artist info and prices is the right way to go. This is the way the store has always done it -- a very clean method of presentation to be sure, but perhaps a bit too mysterious in terms of sales etc info.

Very nice, clean presentation. It's similar to how shows at the SF Leica Store are hung, although your space is somewhat different in feel. I think at the SF store there's one spot with info about the photographer and the pieces, and there are programs on the counter with the photos/sizes/prices listed. That's de rigeur for a lot of galleries that I've been to.

I like the additional photos you've posted. Some very lovely work, congratulations!

G

Update on the Mapping the West show -- it will be traveling west to the Leica Store in Bellevue, Washington in April of next year!

The store chose 16 different pieces from the album (I think there are maybe 3 shots that are carrying over from the DC show). Very exciting!

Update on the Mapping the West show -- it will be traveling west to the Leica Store in Bellevue, Washington in April of next year!

The store chose 16 different pieces from the album (I think there are maybe 3 shots that are carrying over from the DC show). Very exciting!

YESSSS! I plan to check this out. Good timing too.

The show is scheduled to be installed on Sunday April 10th, with a reception (maybe) the following weekend. The store is located in a shopping mall, and they have had receptions in the store in the past with varying levels of success. We'll have to see what is ultimately decided. They're also talking about wanting to do a Leica Akademie event of some kind -- maybe a walkabout/field trip?

One of the things that I particularly appreciated is that among the photo 'choices' is a photo that I just took a week ago in New Mexico.

'Mapping the West' is finally ready for its west-coast road trip! I've been matting the pictures today so that they can ship out later this week.

Matting the West
by Vince Lupo, on Flickr

The opening reception is on Saturday April 8th from 7-9pm at the Leica Store in Bellevue, Washington, and I hope that you'll be able to stop by if you're in the area.

I'm doing a massive road trip starting next week -- heading to Tennessee for a job, then over to New Mexico for some personal work and visiting friends, then up to Seattle for a 3-day job for another client, then the reception on Saturday. And then the drive back! Probably about 25 days total.

That's quite an adventure, Vince. Have a great trip and a wonderful show! Look forward to seeing more new photos when you return.

John

Many thanks John - it is quite a daunting trip indeed! Not sure how it's all going to work out, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed that everything falls into place without issues.

Back