Votes: 260 94.9%
  • Digital has more sex appeal

Votes: 14 5.1%

• Total voters

tsiklonaut

Well-known
Local time
4:14 AM
So I have made up the ultimate question to end the digital vs analog riddle once and for all:

Which of them has more sex appeal?

Please answer honestly and let your true feelings show. :cool:

Female photographer's opinions are especially welcome on the issue since it gives that final "spice" (for a lack of a better word) for the riddle to sort itself out :angel:

PS: all things being equal, if you're gay or lesbian or in need of a third choice you can comment it here as well. All opinions are welcome.

Why, film, of course...I have had more comments about the attractiveness of black and white film photos than I ever have from digital images. Even after shooting thousands more digital.

JMO...

Uh, it depends....camera with removed lens and long lenses both have certain appearance in sexual context. It depends on you which one you prefer! I can't say which cameras or lenses - film or digital - look more appealing.

You asked, I answered!

More foreplay when using film, slower process to reach the end, and then time to re-wind when finished prior to starting with the foreplay again.

So I believe that film has much more sex appeal then digital.

Using film cameras can cause a reaction in some people of bafflement, awe, consternation, wonderment, and/or confusion - all at once. Apparently there are of people out there who have never even seen film or a film camera in real life.

Some people seem to regard shooting film and developing it yourself as the modern day equivalent of being a warlock and having the ability to turn lead into gold.

It's not that complicated and does not require Harry Potter like powers - but shooting and developing film is indeed magical. ;)

Choosing between Film and Digital, I'd have to say that for me, Women have far more sex appeal than either of the others.

Since I like technology, I would love to say digital. The problem is that digital cameras don't really look cutting edge, they're about as stylish as a lawnmower. Film cameras may be old fashioned at this point, but at least they're still in style. There's also a "know-how" appeal to using film in kind of the same was as there is with driving stick .

If based on the reaction you get from the opposite sex I'd say old film cameras can be an ice breaker.
Certainly I've found more people look ask me about my Rolleiflex than my D700. People, especially women seem to find it less threatening if you're using older technology.
Also I've been told by a woman photographer friend that cameras that you hold between your face and your subject create a barrier, so based on that a digital cameras with articulated screens should be OK-but I don't think you'll get much of a reaction to 'mid tech' cameras.

Neither...

Neither...

I asked my wife and her answer was "Huh Sex Appeal!? ... I don't know"

But judging by the consumer base at the Lomography stores I have visited, I'd be 20 again and I'd have a Diana around my neck cause their consumers tend to be cool and good looking early 20 something women...

However I will stick with neither because in the end great images will have more sex appeal than what was used to make them, I don't wear my cameras as jewellery - I have a watch for that ;)

. . . I don't wear my cameras as jewellery - I have a watch for that ;)
You can carry the 'just a tool' argument too far. For example, I don't wear my watch as jewellery: I wear it to tell the time. But the fact that it's quite a nice watch (an old Omega Seamaster) is as relevant as the fact that my M9 is quite a nice camera.

Insofar as any camera has 'sex appeal' (which is not very far), my wife much prefers film, so she uses film Leicas...

Cheers,

R.

:D

However, a Digi-M means one no longer needs to deal with the odor of Hypo, something which has come up in my love live on occasion.
One of our less tactful friends remarked that Frances smelled faintly of hypo one evening, after she'd been printing all day. She replied, "John! You know you should NEVER criticize a woman's choice of perfume!"

Cheers,

R.

Film of course. It's more hands on (ie. you need to know what you are doing all the way through) and what woman wouldn't find that more appealing? ;)

One of our less tactful friends remarked that Frances smelled faintly of hypo one evening, after she'd been printing all day. She replied, "John! You know you should NEVER criticize a woman's choice of perfume!"

Cheers,

R.

Roger you're a lucky man. I prefer hypo to Channel No5 and a gallon is a lot cheaper.
:)

Back