My New Sony Nex-3 Body!

I am passing one of my Nex3 bodies to my younger Son, as a graduation present (he graduates high school in June). He will need a digital camera for his college years.

Yesterday I went to Midwest Photo and purchased the Sony HVL-F20S Flash, which we will share between us. So we now have one small Sony Flash, and one big one. The HVL-F20S has pleny of power and features, it's a very nice camera upgrade. Long distance flash shots will no longer be an issue. It also has a very nice bounce feature, and supplemental wide angle diffuser. It's a great unit.

Also ordered online the Sony 18-55mm Kit zoom, and the 16mm Kit lens, also for my Son's graduation present. So that pretty much completes what he will need for the immediate future.

Do you have any feeling for battery charge life vs the kit flash?

yours
FPJ

Good question.

No, not don't know power consumption yet, with the big flash. But I'm sure it will deplete the batteries much quicker. I will let you know here. I have six Sony batteries for the two bodies, so I do have plenty of power available.

The Nex-3 acts as the second body to my M8 for critical focus and lower-light work. I absolutely love it. I often dream of replacing it with the more advanced models, but I can't seem to find a compulsive reason to change my perfect kit.

By the Creek, in the Woods, she Sits. by mgilbuena, on Flickr

Sony Nex-3 paired with Voigtlander Nokton Classic 35mm f/1.4

Back