My New Sony Nex-3 Body!

One Last One. 35mm F2.8 V1 Summaron on Nex-3.

One Last One. 35mm F2.8 V1 Summaron on Nex-3.

About as good as it gets.

Attachments

• DSC03671.jpg
    DSC03671.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 0
I find that the Electronic Viewfinder in my Nex-3 is excellent, I like the 7x and 14X feature.

I agree the last Minolta shot is a bit soft. It was taken on the fly, as we were going around the corner, to Midwest Photo. I should have slowed down, and stopped the lens down a bit, too. I think this equipment is well suited to doing this kind of very quick work.

I heard that the NEX does not have a viewfinder other than the screen in the back. Is the elctronic VF a new feature for the NEX?

I heard that the NEX does not have a viewfinder other than the screen in the back. Is the elctronic VF a new feature for the NEX?

The screen on the back is the evf, :)

Good news is it's super sharp with great color.

The only downside is really bright light, where we could really use a simple loupe.

The screen on the back is the evf, :)

Good news is it's super sharp with great color.

The only downside is really bright light, where we could really use a simple loupe.

For use in really bright light I bought the Hoodman HD-300, for twenty bucks from B&H. It shields the screen nicely, and really does work, at least for me. Folds down to nothing, throw it in the bag. It wasn't expensive.

Attachments

• DSC03672.jpg
    DSC03672.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Yeah, I'm not a fan of the gigantic viewers. The Clearviewer is nice and compact, and your head and the camera block out most of the light, so brightness is rarely a problem.

5190996352_72814deff4.jpg

5190996188_bc30398b96.jpg

5190996508_5652bf86d1.jpg

Your Clearview is more elegant than my use of a 3x Schneider Loupe. I use it with the NEX on a tripod. Then, I do think the NEX is a Direct View camera.

yours
FPJ

Last edited:

Attachments

• DSC03676.jpg
    DSC03676.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
A few questions about the NEX:
- Is the shutter response time comparable to a DSLR?
- How hard is it to focus in manual focus mode as when you are using old LTM lenses?
- What is the 35mm equivalent of the 16mm lens which is included in the standard kit?

- How hard is it to focus in manual focus mode as when you are using old LTM lenses?
- What is the 35mm equivalent of the 16mm lens which is included in the standard kit?

shutter response seems fine to me. it can shoot 7fps.

focus is fine--magnification is fast and easy to get in and out of--you can move the mag window anywhere in the frame. LCD is very hi rez.

16=24

multiple any lens x1.5

I would add, that focusing is probably slower than a RF, if you've used RF's for years and gotten very fast with them.

However, with the Nex, the focusing is much more accurate, as you can dial in with ttl focusing with precision.

So in exchange for the slower focusing, you get spot on accuracy, where a RF is about +/- 20% accurate, not including focus shift issues.

So it's a trade off.

As far as manual focus is concerened, you can use the magnification zoom for very precise focus, or you can use the contraption I pictured above to focus fast and accurately without focus magnification zoom.

Here's Two More From Today.

Here's Two More From Today.

Peanuts in Bowl - 35mm F2.8 Leitz Summaron wide-open at minimum focus distance.

Columbus Camera Group exterior - 58mm F1.2 Minolta MC Rokkor at F5.6

Attachments

• SummaronNex2.jpg
    SummaronNex2.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 0
  • ColumbusCamera.jpg
    ColumbusCamera.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 0
Hasselblad 30mm C Fisheye Distagon on Nex-3.

Hasselblad 30mm C Fisheye Distagon on Nex-3.

F11 Aperture, ISO 3200, 1/640th sec.

Attachments

• digitalfish1.jpg
    digitalfish1.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 0
Had my cv 28 f/3.5 out today. No cornerfix, but 5 mins in LR.

5504620298_58595c34eb_z.jpg

here the CV 21 in dire need of corner fix, but shooting sharp

5504736674_06c7aecef6_z.jpg

Last edited:
Back