New lenses from Voigtlander - 40mm F2.8 M & LTM, 35/1.2 Z

Has anyone looked into using the 40mm finder that Ricoh is selling for the GR IIIx? Amazon and B&H are selling this. From the pics it looks like it should work if the hot shoe size is the same.

The current 40mm finders are eye wateringly expensive for what they are. Nearly Zeiss ZM finder money

The current 40mm finders are eye wateringly expensive for what they are. Nearly Zeiss ZM finder money

If you guys happen to have a Sony Zeiss OVF for the RX1 hanging around it's strangely good for 40mm (more so than for 35mm!). I tested mine and it worked like a charm.

Darn, I was going to get One of them ~3 years ago for a snip. Now second hand ones are £180+

Got the Black LTM version right before I went to a concert this weekend so had to bring it along attached to my Leica IIIC. These aren't the greatest shots since the front was absolutely packed but I think they do show some of the low light capabilities of the lens. Everything was shot wide open at 1/30 sec, Ilford HP5 pushed to 800 ISO.

The lens does flare a bit with the stage lighting, but no worse than my v3 35mm summicron-M. The effect works well for concerts.

This show was Ministry at the Riviera Theater in Chicago 3/31. The Melvins were opening. First real show for me since Covid started.

Attachments

• LeicaIIIC_40mmHeliar_HP5_800ISO-32.jpg
    LeicaIIIC_40mmHeliar_HP5_800ISO-32.jpg
    168.4 KB · Views: 2
  • LeicaIIIC_40mmHeliar_HP5_800ISO-20.jpg
    LeicaIIIC_40mmHeliar_HP5_800ISO-20.jpg
    175 KB · Views: 2
  • LeicaIIIC_40mmHeliar_HP5_800ISO-37.jpg
    LeicaIIIC_40mmHeliar_HP5_800ISO-37.jpg
    169.9 KB · Views: 2
  • LeicaIIIC_40mmHeliar_HP5_800ISO-29.jpg
    LeicaIIIC_40mmHeliar_HP5_800ISO-29.jpg
    173.3 KB · Views: 2
  • LeicaIIIC_40mmHeliar_HP5_800ISO-44.jpg
    LeicaIIIC_40mmHeliar_HP5_800ISO-44.jpg
    232.1 KB · Views: 2
  • LeicaIIIC_40mmHeliar_HP5_800ISO-28.jpg
    LeicaIIIC_40mmHeliar_HP5_800ISO-28.jpg
    162.2 KB · Views: 2
Got the Black LTM version right before I went to a concert this weekend so had to bring it along attached to my Leica IIIC. These aren't the greatest shots since the front was absolutely packed but I think they do show some of the low light capabilities of the lens. Everything was shot wide open at 1/30 sec, Ilford HP5 pushed to 800 ISO.

The lens does flare a bit with the stage lighting, but no worse than my v3 35mm summicron-M. The effect works well for concerts.

That looks great. What did you do for a viewfinder?

That looks great. What did you do for a viewfinder?

Hey Coldkennels - i just used the built in 50mm finder knowing I would get a little extra around the sides. I am thinking about getting a dedicated finder, I would like to grab one of those newer cylindrical 40mm voigtlander finders if possible but I don't see many of those out there for sale at all.

If I end up getting used to using the built in 50mm finder i'll just skip it.

Does anyone know how to disable off the infinity lock for this lens? It's quite annoying since the focus ring is smooth and holds it position quite well without ever feeling unsure if focus has moved; so there's no need for an infinity lock imo.

Does anyone know how to disable off the infinity lock for this lens? It's quite annoying since the focus ring is smooth and holds it position quite well without ever feeling unsure if focus has moved; so there's no need for an infinity lock imo.

Seems to be useful as an aid to screwing the lens on and off...

Hi All, I was wondering if anyone knows if these are brass constructed lens? The weight seems super light for brass. Also is the silver actually chrome? I tend to like chrome lenses, but I will say that black and nickel looks amazing on this one.

Hi All, I was wondering if anyone knows if these are brass constructed lens? The weight seems super light for brass. Also is the silver actually chrome? I tend to like chrome lenses, but I will say that black and nickel looks amazing on this one.
Brass - according to link in post #4. Not clear to me if “silver” is chrome or paint.

Thank you! It is interesting as they do refer to the silver as "silver" not chrome, but the black is mentioned to be black paint and nickel. So maybe silver is some sort of painted finish. Also interesting about this:
* 1 The black-finished mount does not recognize the lens when used with a camera equipped with a system that reads the attached lens with a 6-bit code.

It must be something to do with the finish I guess. I think most will want the screw mount version anyway.

So would anyone who’s acquired the 40mm f 2.8 care to post some pics??

Here some images taken with my new Voigtländer Heliar 2.8-40mm ltm (=M39) on Leica M10-P, adapter made by Rayqual, Japan.
As it was bought in Constance, Southern Germany, the first images have been taken in that area.

1. Constance, Minster Organ​Click image for larger version  Name:	220408_L2010688_Konstanz_Muenster_Orgel_Klais_M10P_VC2.8-40ltm_dng_30MB_PSCC_fb_3459x2343p_56%_jpg_8.3MB.jpg Views:	0 Size:	424.2 KB ID:	4784187

2. Constance, Schnetztor Tower​​​​​
Click image for larger version  Name:	220408_L2010715_Konstanz_Schnetztor_Schirme_M10P_VC2.8-40ltm_dng_28MB_PSCC_fb_frame220p_3054x4509p_73%_jpg_8.2MB.jpg Views:	0 Size:	296.2 KB ID:	4784189

3. Lake Constance, Rhine Bridge
Click image for larger version  Name:	220408_L2010688_Konstanz_Muenster_Orgel_Klais_M10P_VC2.8-40ltm_dng_30MB_PSCC_fb_3459x2343p_56%_jpg_8.3MB.jpg Views:	0 Size:	424.2 KB ID:	4784187

4. Maggi Food Factory behind Singen/Hohentwiel Railway Station
Click image for larger version  Name:	220408_L2010688_Konstanz_Muenster_Orgel_Klais_M10P_VC2.8-40ltm_dng_30MB_PSCC_fb_3459x2343p_56%_jpg_8.3MB.jpg Views:	0 Size:	424.2 KB ID:	4784187

So would anyone who’s acquired the 40mm f 2.8 care to post some pics??

do you want pics of the lens or taken with the lens? I have some concert shots earlier in the thread taken with the lens. I can upload some shots of how it looks on my IIIc if you like.

do you want pics of the lens or taken with the lens? I have some concert shots earlier in the thread taken with the lens. I can upload some shots of how it looks on my IIIc if you like.

I was looking for photos taken with this lens. I saw your pics (very nice, thanks for posting) but am hoping to see more pics soon taken with this lens.

Back