New light meter by TTArtisan

Yea, copycat Voightlander and perpetually sold out. Probably made in the same factories from the same parts.

Looks like the love child of a Voigtlander and a Doomo. Both are quite nice meters, and well made. If the quality of the TTArtisan is equally good, then it's a real steal at $56.00. The Voigtlander is looking very overpriced now that it has some competition.

It's a little bit of a shame that it doesn't have the adjustable/repositionable "foot" like the VC meter, but for $56, I can't really complain too much. I'm not sure it'd replace my Weston, but even if I only use it occasionally, it's probably worth it.

looks like a Voigtlander copy, I wonder what the 'intellectual property' lawyers from Voigtlander make of it.

Similar but with some improvements.

I wonder why the decided to show it on a Digital Leica Body? I have a hard time thinking of a use for this light meter on a digital M. But I'm open be being proven short sighted, thoughts?

Not my style for light meters, but it looks to be well done.

B2 (;->

I wonder why the decided to show it on a Digital Leica Body? I have a hard time thinking of a use for this light meter on a digital M. But I'm open be being proven short sighted, thoughts?

Not my style for light meters, but it looks to be well done.

B2 (;->

On their website, I see a Leica M4-P and a Zeiss Ikon ZM, both film bodies. The M4-P has no built-in meter. Maybe the meter on their Zeiss Ikon is broken?

7_dddf0137-f335-48d2-83a8-54b5ed0ef9d5_1024x1024@2x.jpg?v=1634538327.jpg

Shipping cost is 50% of the meter itself. Kind of a bummer. I was gonna pick one up because my rolleiflex meter is tripping out but I’ll just stick to my sekonic

Shipping cost is 50% of the meter itself. Kind of a bummer. I was gonna pick one up because my rolleiflex meter is tripping out but I’ll just stick to my sekonic

Still seems like a good deal to me…

Last edited:
I'm still waiting for someone to release an updated meter that links to the notch on a Leica shutter speed dial, working Leicameters are not cheap.

I think the market for this type of meter is pretty saturated now. The price on this one is good though.

Nice! Now all they have to do is make a version of the 28/35 mini finder!

Not a bad idea! There are a number of discontinued Voigtlander products that are still in demand, with used prices going through the roof. Double shoe adapters, all bright line finders, screw mount lenses... wouldn't it be great if we had a quality source for these items besides cheapo 3-D plastic stuff?

It would be wonderful if one of these cheapish Chinese optics companies started producing viewfinders! As a Bessa-T owner I am always hunting.

Check out the Doomo meter. Nicely made, as good as the Voigtlander. I just ordered one of their double cold shoe adaptors, so i can use the meter with my barnack and an accessory finder.

If they could make a 28/35 mini finder where the framelines don't disappear if your eye isn't in exactly the right place, that'd be lovely. I love the form factor of it but trying to use the 35mm framelines with glasses feels impossible sometimes.

How much demand is there for (non-super-wide) viewfinders, though? There's a lot of cameras out there with non-functional meters (or none at all), so external meters have a big market... but it's only really Barnack and Contax fans who need 28mm or 35mm viewfinders.

Check out the Doomo meter. Nicely made, as good as the Voigtlander. I just ordered one of their double cold shoe adaptors, so i can use the meter with my barnack and an accessory finder.

I actually like the Doomo better than the Voigtlander; I think it's better made and more intuitive. Only downside: it only goes down to ISO 25. Using a slow film with dense filtration will require some math in your head after taking a reading.
A real nice feature of the Doomo, which I've never seen mentioned, is that the rewind lever on my Nikon S2 clears the body of the meter when in use. That's not the case with the Voigtlander, which needs to be removed from the shoe for convenient rewinding.

Back